Marketing Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In the role as a Marketing Development Representative (MDR), you will be first line of contact at Tanium responsible for managing inbound leads, inquiries and contact requests from both prospect and existing customers. You will be helping those who visit the Tanium Website, or engage with other types of content, to get access to the information, or to the wider Tanium team. The MDR would be responsible for qualification and research against inbound leads as well as the requalification of previously disqualified accounts and contacts passed back from the Sales Development teams. The MDR would be familiar with the Tanium platform and all associated modules to ensure that leads meet criteria and are suitable for the Sales Development Teams to engage with.
What You’ll Do
- Take inbound phone calls, live chats, and respond to contact forms/inquiries to assess qualification of prospect or customers’ needs to the Tanium solution
- Consistently meet response time SLAs to inbound inquiries (INQs)
- Responsible for updating the Tanium customer and prospect data base, consistently meeting database health targets
- Be instrumental in driving prospect and/or customer attendance to Tanium events
- Support Marketing efforts by creating personalized email campaigns targeted at curated prospect lists
- Act as a pre-sales development checkpoint to ensure that leads are ready and qualified for further engagement
- Be responsible for vetting rejected Tele Accepted Leads (TALs) for requalification
- Work closely with the Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to learn more about the Tanium platform, associated modules and business development practices
- Use class leading tools including Sales Navigator and DiscoverOrg to verify information at both contact and account levels, completing any lead information gaps that may exist
- Be closely aligned with SDR counterparts to help identify business opportunities within the targeted accounts
- Build and maintain extensive knowledge of how Tanium solves visibility, control and business resilience management issues
- Begin a systematic career path journey where you will learn, grow and take on new challenges
- Learn a disciplined, programmatic approach to campaign-based pipeline generation and marketing sales-ready lead qualification
We’re Looking For Someone With
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ambitious with a strong drive to succeed in sales
- Coachable, hardworking and able to learn quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Salesforce.com CRM experience preferred
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
Your application has been successfully submitted.