Business Development Manager
We are on a mission to provide capital and payment solutions for sellers, suppliers and merchants; powered by automation, delivered friction-free.
Payability is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Payability empowers eCommerce sellers with flexible funding and tailored cash flow solutions. Since our founding in 2015, we have helped thousands of eCommerce sellers scale their businesses by providing over $3.5 billion in funding to date. Payability is based in New York City and we are looking for talented people to join our dynamic team bringing friction-free financing and payment products to eCommerce businesses.
Payability is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Business Development team. The Business Development Team at Payability is primarily responsible for calling warm and cold leads to connect with our sales team.
We are looking for a high-performing Business Development Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by overseeing and supporting our business development representatives. The Business Development Manager is able to lead and motivate the team to achieve and exceed their goals. This role will be responsible for maximizing the team’s potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those plans to upper management. This role will collaborate with various other teams, so it’s essential that they have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment.
Ultimately, the Business Development Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a high-performance BDR team to drive qualified deal flow.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the Business Development Representatives
- Own recruiting, goal setting, coaching and performance of Business Development Representatives
- Set and track sales targets for your team
- Build an open-communication environment for your team
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Ensure sales, finance and legal policies and procedures are met
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Research and discover methods to increase prospect engagement
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, service, fee structures, etc.
- Interface with both marketing and sales team members regularly to ensure the best possible customer experience
- 4 - 7 years sales experience in finance, online advertising, or other relevant roles (preferably FinTech or SMB focused)
- Successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and retain high performing sales teams both internally and externally
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Deep understanding of BDR/SDR functions, tactics and performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate successfully in an environment that is entrepreneurial and fast paced, and has the confidence and ability to wear many hats
- Willingness to work long hours when required in order to meet objectives and follow through with prospects
- Interest and aptitude for understanding financial products
- Strong technical abilities with modern sales tools
- Thrives in uncertain, rapidly changing environments
- Passionate about the FinTech and eCommerce market
Your application has been successfully submitted.