Sales Development Representative
Global Knowledge is the world’s leading IT and business skills training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis, project management, ITIL service management, process improvement and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for technologies like big data, cloud, cyber security and networking.
Anytime, Anywhere and Anyhow
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,100 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, N.C. Learn more at www.globalknowledge.com.
Location: Remote in the U.S. and Canada
The Sales Development Rep manages outbound prospects based on several set strategies, utilizing prospecting tools. These tools include but are not limited to, Sales Intel, LinkedIn, CRM System, Spend Reports, web searches, referrals, campaign lists, etc. The SDR is responsible for researching potential customers, connecting and educating prospects and uncovering/cultivating opportunities to pass to the Account Executive (Public, Private, New Subscription or Prepay) to close within his/her assigned POD group.
- Responsible for following a set sales cadence to uncover, follow up on, and qualify potential customers in the potential customer journey
- Utilize a set of resources that include process guides, email/voicemail scripts, qualifying questioning and Rep assignment rules to qualify the prospect and cultivate the customer’s need to turn them into a sales qualified lead
- Responsible for meeting a targeted number of passed sales qualified leads
- Complete full cycle enrollment processing and sale when interacting with a customer ready to purchase
- Researching, prospecting and qualifying leads for the Account Executive through various resources such as LinkedIn, CRM system, spend reports, etc.
- Prospect to leads or referrals uncovered by other members of his/her POD group
- Achieving defined productivity goals
- Responding to activities and creating follow up tasks in a timely manner
- Maintaining accuracy and cleanliness of the CRM system according to team best practices
- Working with dedicated Account Executives to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Interacting with prospects via telephone and email with a high attention to detail
- Assisting with customer issues and requests as needed
- 1-2 years business development sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in the IT or training industry
- College degree or diploma
- Ability to follow established processes, take advantage of available systems and tools
- Strong prospecting skills
- Hunter mentality
- Ability to cultivate prospects
- Research skills
- Easily handles objections and rejections moving forward to the next opportunity
- Process oriented
- Account strategy development and execution
- Adaptability, being able to focus on what matters to the customer
- Critical thinking, listening and communication skills
We offer a lively, supportive environment and an attractive compensation/benefits package that includes medical/dental/401(k).
Global Knowledge is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.