Business Development Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Strategic Piece helps leaders at B2B companies deliver exceptional revenue growth by uniting their marketing, sales, and service teams around a strategic, information-driven customer experience built on the HubSpot platform.
We believe a customer experience built on strategy, deep customer understanding, consistent information, and the best technology will be the strategic piece that differentiates leading B2B companies from the rest of in the 2020s business environment.
We are a hybrid of a strategy consultancy, technology partner (HubSpot), and marketing agency.
Our culture is professional, but quirky. We love to geek out and learn new things. We have a dry sense of humor and like puns. We appreciate good people and won’t work with assholes as staff, contractors, or clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As our BDL you will lead outreach efforts to identify and engage prospective clients, with a focus on our HubSpot Partner services.
You'll use prospecting strategies to identify prospects that meet our criteria for becoming a Strategic Piece client, establishing relationships with them on social media (primarily LinkedIn) to generate leads.
You will be responsible for nurturing and qualifying those leads, understanding their needs and challenges, and scheduling discovery calls between the team and the most promising prospects.
Along the way, we expect you to learn and use HubSpot and become an expert on the inbound methodology.
We also expect you to be continuously growing your network with business leaders and sharing with us what you’re learning from prospective clients.
Keep reading if you believe that everything is figure-out-able. You’re the kind of person who can tackle challenges without a lot of handholding but is process-oriented when it matters.
You share our belief in the importance of B2B companies moving their operations into a digital-first world (though not digital-only) where taking a customer-first approach is crucial to remaining competitive.
Because we expect you to embody the inbound methodology, you're someone who's hungry for revenue but also understands the importance of long-term relationship building. For example, you prefer to reach out with creative and highly customized communications, not canned emails.
You are confident and assertive, but not aggressive or obnoxious. You can hold your line and tell people no without pissing them off.
You do what it takes to be successful while always being ethical, doing right by our clients, and protecting the integrity of our long-term business reputation.
You thrive in a culture where there's a high level of accountability, and you expect us to hold everyone on the team to that same high standard.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
We're looking for a highly functional person that can take the SDR role and run with it, learning on the job while bringing some critical skills to the table. Those include (but aren't necessarily limited to):
- An ability to build relationships via social media
- Strong communication skills - including top-notch listening and storytelling
- Able to balance having fun and being personable with professionalism when it counts
- Well organized, with a meticulous attention to detail, including a mastery of English grammar
- Being tech savvy and quick to master new software tools
- A persistent curiosity that includes an interest in getting to know other people as well as learning new skills and information
- Being tenacious and not easily offended by rejection or radio silence
- Equally comfortable flying solo or collaborating to win and deliver business
- 2-3 years of outbound sales experience required
- Experience with HubSpot and the inbound methodology a big plus
FIRST 100 DAYS
- Month 1: Learn! Get familiar with the company, our services, clients, and personas - and learn HubSpot from every angle.
- Month 2: Build a pipeline. Gain confidence in prospecting and lead generation and nurturing.
- Month 3: Start closing deals. We'll have the champagne on ice, ready to celebrate your first win!
Your application has been successfully submitted.