Senior Account Executive - Federal Government - Series C - $280k to $300k OTE - 4.0 Glassdoor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our staffing firm represents a privately-held mentoring SaaS company that has created a brand-new software category and counts among its client base Workday, NetApp, AppDynamics, AirBnB, and Lyft.
This 250-employee, Series D firm ($1.7 billion valuation), which grew its revenue by over 100% in 2020 (yes, 2020), is seeking experienced Senior Account Executives to close $300k+ ACV software deals with agencies of the U.S. Federal Government. This is a remote role, and you will report to a Regional Vice President.
Our client pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Their mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touchpoints and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges.
Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, this innovative firm uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
· Individual contributor, working remotely (home office).
· $120k to $145k+ base salary, commensurate with experience – OTE is double.
· Major accelerators: multiple reps exceeded $1 million in earnings in 2020.
· Average deal sizes are $300k ACV, the largest exceed $1 million, and the contracts are for 1 to 3 years.
· MANDATORY: 5+ years of selling consultative software solutions to Federal Government agencies.
· Some small company experience is required.
· Experience selling to CHROs and SVPs of HR is strongly preferred.
· 20% to 30% regional travel once allowed.
· 4.0 Glassdoor, 77% Approve CEO, 71% Recommend to Friend.
· A Fortune 1000 client says, “I’ve had managers pull me aside and tell me that the program has changed their life.”
· Excellent benefits: Flexible PTO; 401k; full coverage of medical, dental & vision; volunteer days.
· 4.8 rating on FeaturedCustomers (350+ reviews).
· Major investment in SDR team will be completed in early 2021.
Official Job Description
We are seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, the federal government, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
As an AE, you will engage with decision-makers & executives within the Federal Government to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior-level Government executives, advising them on best practice solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to our offerings.
Successful AE’s are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
You’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
· Manage multiple Government opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
· Lead senior Government decision-makers into purchasing and deploying our solution through a consultative sales approach.
· Work with multiple acquisition program decision-makers to create demand in the agency as you leverage the buying cycle.
· Execute a consultative sales methodology.
· Proactively prospect, network, create the need, and build a pipeline.
· Create and execute on a minimum of 11 first meetings per month.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
· Minimum 7 years of sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software sales experience) within the Federal government vertical
· Track record of over-achieving (top 10-20% of the company)
· 4-year college degree required / advanced degree is a plus
· Familiarity with the Federal human resources function and HR consulting space is a huge asset- selling to CHRO/CLO/CFO is preferred
· Prior sales methodology training (Challenger Sale preferred)
· An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
· Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills, empathy, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
· Technically savvy (familiarity with sales automation tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce.com to manage sales cycles
· Process-driven, meticulously organized, and self-motivated
· Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
· Attention to creating agreements with prospects to build a project plan and represent that outcome via strong forecasting cadence
Your application has been successfully submitted.