Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Parchment mission is to Turn Credentials Into Opportunities. As the leader in electronic credential exchange, Parchment enables learners to collect, promote, and share their academic credentials for the next step in their educational and career journey. The Parchment platform has helped millions of Learners, thousands of highschools, colleges, and universities, exchange more than 40 million transcripts and other credentials globally.
Founded in 2003, Parchment LLC is co-headquartered in Deerfield, IL and Scottsdale, AZ, is one of the fastest growing educational technology companies in the world. In the next twelve months Parchment will issue more than 20mm+ credentials through its network through serving more than 40% of currently enrolled high school students and 60% of higher education students in the US.
If you are driven, hungry, self-starter, then read on. You have the opportunity to join a team of hard working individuals; from student athletes, to entrepreneurs to former University administrators. At Parchment, the nation's leading credential service, we believe in turning credentials into opportunities. If you are interested in building a career in software sales, Parchment LLC has a great opportunity for you. We are looking to hire Sales Development Representatives who are highly motivated and thrive off a challenge. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for creating and qualifying leads, setting meetings, and managing the top of the sales funnel. Each SDR is partnered with outside Regional Sales Managers to close sales and achieve a quarterly quota within an assigned territory.
- Research, identify, and qualify target accounts through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision makers.
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, conference attendance, etc.
- Work with and directly support designated Regional Sales Managers within specific territories by developing/executing original and purposeful sales content.
- Route qualified opportunities to the partnered Regional Sales Managers for further development and closure
- Responsible for prioritizing and leading prospecting activities in Salesforce
- Learn and comprehensively understand all of our products and services
- Effectively demo Parchment's suite of product via web presentations
- We view this as an entry-level position with a direct professional development path into the Regional Sales Manager role and have already promoted several SDRs over the past few years.
- Post-Secondary Registrar Offices
- This is full-time position
Professional Qualifications And Experience
- Smart and strategic mind
- Open to learning, receiving, and acting on feedback to improve results
- Have the ability to pivot quickly
- Outgoing with a positive outlook
- Self-motivated, loves a challenge
- Time management and task management skills
- Desire to advance career in sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous SaaS software business experience a plus
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-driven and independent but has the ability to be coached
- Develop and implement effective sales level campaigns/sequences using Sales Enablement Tools such as Outreach, Engagio, Gong, SalesForce and Seismic (will train)
- Willingness to travel 10% a year
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Experience working in a public facing role highly desirable
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.