This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Healthcare needs people driven by a mission to fortify patient care through technology. Our sales team at athena is at the forefront of this change, connecting doctors to innovation. We are looking for someone who thrives on both friendly competition as well as a culture comprised of energized employees who teach, learn and play as a team to win. If you’re passionate about sales and are looking for a role that will have a large impact, athena’s sales organization is looking for you!
This individual will be responsible for overseeing a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), whose goal is to source new qualified leads for our Sales Executives who are selling athenahealth’s cloud based solutions to physician organizations with between 1-6 doctors. The SDR Manager will partner with multiple Sales Territory Managers to analyze each market and create strategic outreach campaigns to help drive bookings.
May Include, But Are Not Limited To
70% Team Management
- Coach, develop, support and lead a team of SDRs
- Collaborate with Sales Territory Managers to establish priorities and processes for the team to drive success
- Partner with Sales Territory Managers to plan and strategize where outbound nurturing campaigns are needed to assist in developing prospecting activity within assigned territories
- Work with SDRs to strategize and establish next steps for sourcing leads, including creating outreach strategies, refining effective messaging and ensuring the timely execution of these campaigns
- Monitor performance goals and objectives of all direct reports, daily, weekly and monthly, while providing ongoing feedback
- Provide both formal and informal training to SDRs to further support their development
- Recognize and reward accomplishments and contributions
- Participate in team hiring initiatives through interviewing and assessing candidates
- Document and deliver annual performance reviews including any necessary disciplinary actions, including terminations
- Stay up to date on athena’s product lines, industry intelligence and challenges, and client needs and feedback, especially any market intelligence as it pertains to respective territories
20% Sales Operations
- Produce accurate forecasts to help Sales Executives achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual quota
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage and data integrity
- Consistently track all outreach in Salesforce
10% Special Projects/Other
- Identify and help prioritize programs and initiatives to support the SGS strategy
- Regularly contribute ideas, solutions and alternative approaches to meet business objectives
- Collaborate with other internal departments (BDRs, Sales, Marketing, etc.) as it relates to sales efforts and lead generation
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of sales experience (inside or otherwise) required; 3+ years of managing an inside sales team
- Understands a full-cycle sales process
- Working knowledge of CRM, preferably salesforce
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Behaviors & Abilities Required
- Ability to mentor and coach the development of others through continual feedback and effective communications
- Ability to establish a deep understanding of professional motivators of others, leveraging this knowledge to inspire a team
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills to understand issues that are relevant for prospects and to athena, to drive towards desired outcomes
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- Strong presentation (both on the phone and in person)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple needs at once
- A team player and positive attitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Flexibility to work unpredictable hours in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Displays professionalism internally and externally
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.