Strategic Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prospect, educate & qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Master the ability to evangelize the Podium story
- Align Podium solutions with prospect business objectives & needs
- Collaborate with sales reps to schedule prospect calls, meetings, and demos
- Proactively keep abreast of our industry and the technology landscape to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers
- Acquire key prospect data from the initial conversation, from the web and other sources, and ensure clean and accurate data is entered and maintained in CRM
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified appointments/demos scheduled and deals closed
- Track record of opening up new accounts via phone calls, emails, trade shows, referrals, and other methods.
What You Should Have
- 4-year degree preferred in Business or related field
- Two years B2B technical sales experience (or other qualified sales experience)
- Proven success in prospecting new markets, closing new business, while using a creative scope to make decisions that benefit Podium
- Strategic, consultative, and analytical sales approach, with a focus on building sustainable partnerships with clients
- Ability to confidently and effectively speak with prospects of all levels (including executive levels in multiple departments)
- Retain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in determining win-based proposals and pricing
What We Hope You Have
- Focused on the Enterprise market as a long term sales career
- Experienced with creating a dynamic partnership with an Account Executive
Where You'll Go From Here
- Strategic SDRs can move into a more linear career path to a Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 position with increased compensation opportunity.
- Here at Podium we love internal promotions. Most commonly outside of the SDR organization we see SDRs continue in their sales trajectory to the following roles: SMB Growth Account Executive, SMB Account Account Executive, Strategic Growth Account Executive, Strategic Account Executive, or Leadership / Team Leads.
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Great opportunities for career growth
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.