Sales Development Manager - Austin, TX
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Sales Development Manager is a critical part of our high-performing sales team and, more specifically, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) team. This leadership role is for an individual who is passionate about prospecting, sales, hiring & developing talent, and winning.
The goal of the SDR team is to gain engagement with quality leads to create opportunities which in turn will generate revenue for Stack Overflow’s Talent and Teams products. This role will report to the Director of Sales Development and must be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
What You’ll Do:
Assist the Director of Sales Development in growing, nurturing, and inspiring a team of world-class SDRs
Refine the sales prospecting and pitching processes to achieve optimum results
Be available and able to answer questions from the global SDR team and provide valuable sales insights
Report findings and recommendations to sales leadership
Create new business opportunities to drive Stack Overflow’s growth
Work closely with Account Executives to ensure smooth handoff and a good experience for our future customers
Train SDR's on daily prospecting activities including:
Pre-call research and planning
Connecting with prospects on the phone
Following up with previous contacts (nurturing leads)
Maintaining Salesforce records
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 4+ years in B2B sales; SaaS, software, or HRTech
- 2+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- 2+ years managing a team of 3 or more direct reports
- Strong organizational skills and ability to clearly document essential processes
- Must have knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models
- Strong track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Focused, self-motivated, outgoing, curious, and creative personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong and professional presence to high-level executives
- Ability to self manage tasks and achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in software sales leadership
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share, and level up
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with G-suite & Salesforce
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our in our Austin office, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Your application has been successfully submitted.