Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
ObserveIT was just recently acquired by Proofpoint and we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our sales team in our Boston office. Are you looking for an opportunity to learn, practice and establish a strong foundation that is invaluable for a career in tech sales? Then this is a great opportunity for you to get into a venture backed and fast paced, high growth company. We are looking for someone who is willing and always ready to roll their sleeves up, dive in headfirst and make a major impact. If you’re ready for the challenge, then this will be a great opportunity for you!
This is a critically important role within our company, as the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is typically the first sales contact with prospective customers. The SDR is responsible for developing highly qualified sales leads for the regional Account Managers (AM). Aligned to a specific geography, the SDR will leverage sales and lead generation tools, events, programs and partnering with Channel Partners to identify and qualify potential leads for the sales team. They will engage prospects over various forms of media [phone, email, social, etc.] to qualify them, add them to the pipeline and assist the ITM org in achieving revenue goals. This key and integral role directly impacts the ongoing success of our organization and provides career development and opportunities within the company.
- Master the cybersecurity industry and become an expert in our technology and competitors
- Call and email prestigious security professionals at Fortune companies
- Become an expert in documenting all activity in Salesforce
- Perform outbound prospecting and schedule product demos for our awesome team of Account Managers
- Meet, exceed and crush all your goals consisting of sales opportunities
- Natural sales acumen and work best when working with and through people
- Drive and are hungry to join a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and are a very effective communicator
- The experience of working and winning in a team-based and competitive environment
- Customer Centric
- Growth mindset / Always willing to learn
- Looking for a career in tech sales
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / KPIs
- Work with your AMs to discuss strategy for penetrating target accounts
- Understand our ICP [Ideal Customer Profile] and focus our efforts with right personas at the right types of accounts
- Follow up on Marketing generated inbound leads
- Maintain SLAs while following up on Marketing inbound leads. [High Value Form Fills = 1 hour; All other marketing leads = 24 hours]
- 40+ calls & 40+ emails each day
- Add 25 new prospects to CRM each day
- Average 3 meetings booked each week / 5-10 Discos on Deck
- Weekly Activity Reports to be sent to each AM
- Effectively use our CRM [SFDC] to log all activity and work collaboratively with sales org.
- Monthly quota for meetings held
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.