Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
Bugsnag is growing! We’re looking for a seasoned Product Marketing Manager to join our team in San Francisco, CA.
You will be the owner for the marketing of the Bugsnag product and a key driver for growth. You will be the chief storyteller for Bugsnag, communicating our story to everyone who needs to hear it. You will be the expert on our buyers, how they make the decision to choose Bugsnag, and arm our sales teams with market and competitive knowledge. You will develop the key buying personas and the strategy for reaching them through various marketing channels.
This position will report to the Head of Product Marketing at Bugsnag. We prefer candidates from the Bay Area or willing to work business hours in the Pacific time zone.
You Responsibilities Will Be To
- Own the message, with product and company-level messaging and positioning that crashes through the clutter and makes people pay attention
- Arm the sales force, with training, talk tracks, battle cards, presentations, proposals, and messaging that highlights business value, raises deal size, and accelerates deal close
- Create plans for product marketing and actively work towards achieving those goals. Report back on achievements and project completions with supporting qualitative and quantitative data
- Know your foes, by understanding the competition and the adjacent solutions, and fighting the most dreaded foe: no decision at all
- Know the market, by talking to buyers, to customers, to non customers, and doing research with analysts, press and influencers
- Apply the learnings from the market into pricing, packaging, and other special projects
- Be the voice of the customer, by sharing product feedback to influence engineering and product introductions and improvements
- Tell the story, with written collateral that sings, with videos, presentations and webinars that dazzle
- Launch it, with mad project management skills to make sure every product announcement, big and small, resonates and amplifies product awareness and utilization
- Create content for awareness, thought leadership, sales enablement, growth programs, and events
- Feed the engine, by collaborating with our Events team and Developer Advocate on our event and community strategy
- Grow the market, by collaborating with our Growth lead on campaigns and tactics and on SDR enablement as needed
Your Background And Profile Likely Include
- 5-8 years job experience, with 3-5 years of product marketing in B2B software; SaaS or developer tools experience strongly preferred
- Passion for sales enablement and working closely with Sales teams to build solid relationships
- Ability to work cross-functionally as a team player
- Keen interest in understanding the engineering audience
- Early track record of product marketing success including managing to KPIs
- Mindset of improving what already works while trying out new ideas and recovering quickly from the small failures
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and be an enthusiastic problem solver; vocalizes perspectives and solutions
- Curious by nature and excited by emerging and existing relevant technologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-starter with high initiative and motivation levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to have
- Be just a little geeky, because our product can be a little geeky
- Be high energy, high bandwidth and have a steep trajectory. We want to be your accelerator for a successful product marketing career
- Interest in and experience with understanding and impacting various growth levers in a SaaS business
Bugsnag cultural values - Is this you?
- Embrace and drive change
- Be bold, iterate towards the best
- Default to transparency
- Be respectful, inclusive, humble
Marketing team values - we’d love to hear from you if you see yourself as a fit!
- Execution: Embrace mindset of “un-100% perfection”
- Accountability: Own projects. Don’t let them languish or die. Drive to completion.
- Collaboration: Over-communicate. Ask questions for clarification. Help answer questions. Communicate missed deadlines. Use the most appropriate channels.
- Growth Mindset: You are constantly learning, constantly improving.
Your application has been successfully submitted.