Mid-Market Account Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Pave, you’ll be at ground zero of a Series A start-up backed by top Silicon Valley investors Y Combinator, Bessemer VP, and Andreessen Horowitz (a16z).
The world of compensation is broken today.
Teams cobble together hundreds of messy spreadsheets and outdated compensation surveys to determine how much they pay an engineer. A compensation planning exercise may take hundreds of hours, only to find that employees are still frustrated with their compensation and don’t understand the decisions that were made.
At Pave, you will reinvent the world of compensation and help build a more transparent future of work.
Pave allows companies to benchmark compensation to leaders in their industry, analyze internal compensation data, then visually communicate compensation to their employees.
You’ll join a world class sales team at Pave:
Account Executives (AEs) will power Pave's go-to-market engine by sourcing and closing new customers.
You’ll become a strategic advisor to HR / Finance executives in the world of compensation. You’ll run discovery calls with inbound prospects, understand their challenges, then convert them to customers to expand the Pave compensation network. We’re looking for AEs with the hunter mentality - whenever you’re not working on inbound prospects, you’ll work with your SDR to target strategic accounts and outbound prospects to fill your pipeline.
This isn’t just a quota-carrying role. You’ll work closely with the Pave product, customer success, and engineering teams to help inform the products we build and the markets we enter. As an early member of a red hot Series A startup, you’ll have early exposure to founders, Silicon Valley investors, and HR / Finance executives.
The responsibilities of an AE at Pave:
You'll be a full-sales-cycle account executive helping us expand the Pave compensation network.
- Win more customers: Understand the needs of inbound prospects and become a master of consultative selling to bring on more marquee logos.
- Strategically outbound: Strategically research, call, and email top tier tech companies to acquire more customers and expand the Pave network.
- Collaborate on strategic projects - As a member of an early stage team, you’ll work directly with the CEO and founding team members on a wide array of key initiatives from compensation benchmark surveys to building out our sales motion.
What you’ll bring:
On day one, you’ll have exposure to founders, executives, and investors. The ability to “punch above your weight class” is key.
- Experience: 2+ years of quota-carrying, SaaS sales experience ideally closing 5-figure and 6-figure deals (selling to HR is a plus, but not necessary)
- Grit: While we have a strong inbound pipeline, you continue to push the pace and fill your own pipeline to blow past quota.
- Coachability: You become a master of your craft and immerse yourself in the industry.
- Emotional Intelligence: You can read the room and communicate with impact.
Life at Pave:
At Pave, we invest in our people. Some of the benefits of working at Pave include:
- Compensation: Competitive salary and startup equity
- Wellness: Top tier health insurance, exercise and wellness benefits
- Food: All meals while working, plus snacks provided
- Team: Offsites, happy hours, and many other team events.
And much more... we want all Pave employees to define the best benefits based on peoples’ interests.
While we don't expect anyone to be in-office today, we'd love to build a high energy sales floor and culture once things open back up.
For that reason, applicants don't need to be in San Francisco today, but should be comfortable moving to the Bay Area when things open up.
Your application has been successfully submitted.