Team Lead, Business Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Algolia is growing at warp speed, which means our Business Development team needs to scale quickly and efficiently. We're looking for a Business Development Team Leader to support our US BDR team. You will have the unique opportunity to be the first Team Leader located in Austin, TX, and lead the US West territory team.
You will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the BDRs, ensuring the pipeline targets are met, communicating on the BDR group strategy, and running process improvement projects. You will be an active contributor in shaping the global team and process as part of the BDR/SDR leadership team. This is a high impact and high ownership role for aspiring people-leaders who are interested in building something big and empowering reps to reach their potential.
Your Role Will Consist Of
- Running regular 1:1s with the BDRs and ensure they have the tools knowledge, training and guidance to hit their pipeline target.
- Owning the territory weekly forecast
- Creating and sharing detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Running coaching sessions as required with the BDRs
- Assisting management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Answering team member questions, helping with Employee Relations, and overseeing team members work for quality and guideline compliance
- Being very comfortable in the ability to use data to back decisions and initiatives
- Monitoring and refining our outbound prospecting processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the BDR team - challenge the status quo
- Cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement of everyone's role
- Running cross regional projects
- Being a full part of the BDR/SDR leadership team, attending the Leadership meetings and the weekly regional pipeline councils
You Might Be a Fit If You Have
- A track record in being a successful AE in a similar environment and/or experience as a BDR lead.
- A track record of hitting your target
- Strong Knowledge of SFDC - Reporting, SFDC, etc.
- Eager to learn and be coached on how to be a good leader.
- Will to get your hands dirty - you will need to have a desire to get into the weeds and coach by example
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you, and 90% for your dependents
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off (if non-exempt: 20 Day Paid Time Off)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Employee Referral Program
- Company-sponsored Learning & Development opportunities
- Weekly Zoom workout Wednesday's w/ personal trainer
- Weekly Zoom meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Days through 2021
Algolia’s new workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote , is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Employee health and safety remain our #1 priority, and the majority of employees will have a high degree of flexibility in choosing if, and when, they come into an office . Our Hybrid Remote model reflects our belief that the importance of the location of an employee is trumped by their impact, contribution, and output.
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.