Sales Development Associate
Who We Are
HopSkipDrive?s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility.Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by schools, government agencies and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
We?re a Company With Heart
Our partnerships with agencies, nonprofits and schools ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that transportation can mean the difference between struggle and success, and our solution helps kids reach their full potential by arranging safe, dependable transportation.
We?re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized ? HopSkipDrive has been named to Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc. and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
We?re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a technology solution to their own transportation challenges, we?ve grown from serving the L.A. market to serving eight states and 15 markets across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $45M in funding to date and shares investors with well-known brands like Airbnb, Pinterest and Ring.
Who You Are
We want strong self-starters who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We are defining a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. The job of an SDR requires great hustle, determination, and a strong desire to be the best. You?re a person who likes to win and grow professionally.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As our Sales Development Representative, you will contact and develop relationships through a combination of outreach cold calling, email and networking. Your goal is to educate schools and organizations on HopSkipDrive and schedule appointments for them to speak with our Account Executives.
We are seeking entry-level candidates who are self-starters with a strong work ethic and drive to succeed. The ideal candidate is tech-savvy, goal oriented and has a passion for sales.
This position offers a unique opportunity for those who are interested in starting their career at HopSkipDrive. The role provides ongoing sales training, career development, and offers lots of opportunity for growth into an Account Executive role.
Our offices are modern, bright, and fun and dog friendly! Our kitchen is always fully stocked with snacks to keep you fueled. We offer a ground floor opportunity as part of a fast-growing startup organization.
What You'll Do
- Work in conjunction with sales team to research and evaluate prospective leads
- Develop superior customer service relationship with potential prospects
- Use a consultative sales approach during outreach to accurately assess the needs of prospective clients
- Cold call and email identified leads and determine if there is a potential need for HSD?s services
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to manage sales funnel and determine outreach strategies
- Meet or exceed SDR quotas (includes email and phone calls)
- Qualify leads that express interest in HSD?s service and assign them to an Account Executive, creating Sales Qualified Lead.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly and quarterly goals set forth by management.
What we?re looking for
- At least 1-year of Inside, Outside Sales, or Sales Development Experience.
- Bachelor?s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Honest and empathetic approach to helping potential clients.
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills - you enjoy talking with people in-person and over the phone
- Experience handling objections and asking the right questions to keep dialogue open
- Being a big team player
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong desire for growth and in it for the long haul
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) and Sales Engagement platforms preferred
- Highly focused and able to make large number calls and emails daily
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to easily convey HopSkipDrive?s service and mission to potential clients
- Works collaboratively in a close-knit team setting.
- Strong time management skills, creative problem solver, and self-sufficient worker
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market compensation, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.