Sales Development Representative (Remote) (Chicago, IL)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MarketerHires mission is to make expert marketing accessible to everyone. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of amazing, pre-vetted marketing talent and it is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. By giving all companies access to amazing marketers - entrepreneurs and enterprises can focus on building great products.
We are also contributing to the future of work for our talented marketers. Our platform helps them earn significant additional income while maintaining their full-time job or taking a lot of the hassle and risk out of being full-time freelance. All of our jobs are also default-remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, were passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what were looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
You will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to MarketerHire. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be working to pursue new target accounts. You will become an expert in researching and contacting potential customers, delivering compelling reasons for them to speak with our inside sales team. You'll learn firsthand how your efforts lead to opportunities for the company.
To excel at this position, you must be incredibly organized, have exceptional customer service skills, be self motivated, and have super human attention to detail. You have the hunger and hustle to get things done despite competing priorities and go above and beyond as needed to deliver results. You are equally comfortable picking up the phone as you are writing a persuasive and engaging email.
- Research, prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from lead-generation activities such as email and LinkedIn and outbound cold-calling into targeted accounts.
- Engage prospects via phone and email to explain MarketerHires vision, pinpoint opportunities, and educate them on our services
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate inside sales team members, including sharing necessary details and insight about the leads.
- Qualify leads to pass of to the inside sales team
- As you become more experienced in the role, youll help evolve our demand generation strategy and tactics.
- Develop deep knowledge of MarketerHires value proposition and connect to clients needs.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and competitors.
- Track your performance against team and individual goals and proactively collaborate with Sales Team Lead on how to improve performance as needed.
- Be highly responsive to all internal and external communication in Slack and email.
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing role or at a marketing agency or an undergraduate degree in marketing or business
- You must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator (both written and verbal), and have an outstanding phone presence.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- You exude a positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- You have superhuman time management and organizational skills.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at MarketerHire yet also be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, but not required.
In The First Week You Will
- Onboard and integrate into MarketerHire.
- Learn MarketerHires model, meet our team members, and our story.
- Begin our sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In The First Month You Will
- Complete our sales training program.
- Learn the process for outreach, including calling, emailing, and LinkedIn messaging. Implement an outreach process and hit 1-month objectives.
- Learn how to analyze industry drivers, business problems, and target buyers.
- Begin closing new business.
In The First Three Months You Will
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Complete additional vertical specific training.
- Hit call/email quotas and objectives.
- Exhibit a successful track record of passing qualified leads onto our inbound team.
Marketerhire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.