Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zumper believes finding a new apartment is more than just a move, it’s a fresh start. We are on a mission to change how people rent, forever. To make it easier, faster, and more human—where renting an apartment is as easy as booking a hotel. By making our vision a reality, we’re creating opportunity for everyone to live better—from one fresh start to the next.
Zumper is the third-largest, fastest-growing rental platform in North America—supporting over 90 million people every year and helping one in three Americans find their next place. To date we’ve raised over $150 million from Kleiner Perkins, Goodwater Capital, Headline, Dawn Capital, and the Blackstone Group.
We’re proud to have been named a 2021 Best Startup Employer by Forbes and a 2021 Best Place to Work/Company with the Best Benefits by BuiltIn SF. Changing the way the world rents requires passion, bold ideas, and bright minds. Join us in building the future of renting, today.
About This Opportunity
The foundation of a world class sales organization are the Sales Development Representatives “SDR” that make outbound calls and field inbound leads day- in-and-out to ensure a robust pipeline for our National Sales Directors. Zumper is actively building a best in class Sales Development organization and looking to onboard creative, motivated professionals to join our new SDR team. The SDR team will be integral in our goal of bringing more rental properties onto the Zumper platform and enabling more people to find a great rental property.
As an SDR you will navigate organizations to identify decision makers and set qualified meetings for our Account Executives. This role requires strong communication skills and a seller’s instinct to ensure a positive first impression of Zumper to our potential customers. At Zumper, we strive to provide a magical experience and as an SDR you are the initial point of contact that establishes this outstanding client experience.
What You'll Do
- Research potential customers in preparation for outreach
- Contact prospective clients primarily through cold calling (primary) and email (secondary). Expectations of 50+ dials daily
- Schedule meetings/calls between prospective clients and Account Executives with a goal of 20 completed appointments per month
- Qualify prospective customers by educating them on our product and asking qualifying questions
- Identify prospects needs and challenges and align those to Zumper offerings
Who You Are
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic and drive
- An appetite for coaching, growth, and development
- Experience with systems, particularly Salesforce
- Previous cold calling experience is a plus
- The fortitude to spend all day on the phone and carry on through difficult conversations
- Bachelor's degree preferably in sales, marketing, market research, or an equivalent field
What We Offer
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% premium coverage
- FSA, HSA, Life insurance, and Long-term Disability insurance
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
- Health & wellness credits, home office set-up support, and internet reimbursements
- Group training and individual professional development programs
- Team activities, game nights, and happy hours
- Weekly insight into company metrics
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Lives Matter at Zumper, Out@Zumper, ZAPIAH: Zumper Asian & Pacific Islander American Heritage, zWomen) that create safe spaces for candid conversations
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. With offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale, we are lucky to have 200+ team members across the US.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive equitable employee benefits. (Please contact us to request accommodations).
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.
Your application has been successfully submitted.