Sales Business Development
Role Description: Sales Development Representative
Clutch’s Business Development team is responsible for growing content on our platform, laying the foundation for all other activities and value that our business enables. This largely comes in the form of onboarding new companies to Clutch and collecting companies’ reviews.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), your main objective is to work with service providers to help them realize value in their first 90 days with Clutch. This requires:
- Diligent and professionally persistent outreach via email, phone, and other channels
- Pipeline management using HubSpot to plan & execute on sales development activities
- Thorough understanding of & ability to communicate Clutch’s value proposition on intro calls with service providers
SDRs are also responsible for conducting client interviews for inbound service providers and following up with all clients who’ve been asked to leave reviews.
The Business Development team’s main KPIs are “New Companies With Reviews” (NCWRs) and “New Companies With Three+ Reviews” (NCW3+). These metrics enrich Clutch’s platform with valuable information that better service B2B buyers when searching for a new partner.
What’s in it for you?
We’re committed to helping you build the skills and competencies you need to be successful, including business acumen, sales techniques and best practices, interviewing skills. Quarterly Clutch curriculum professional development activities are required to facilitate this progression. We also provide a professional development stipend and series of extracurricular professional development opportunities that can increase teammate progression.
This role will help you develop:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Interviewing skills
- B2B selling skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
What will your typical day, week, and month look like?
70% - Core Content Development Responsibilities
- Onboarding companies
- Inbound sales activities (cold calling, Intro calls, emails, LinkedIn networking, etc.)
- Schedule and conducting client interviews
- 10% - Stretch Responsibilities
- 5% - Professional Development
- Clutch Book Clubs
- Sales & Communication Trainings
15% - Other activities required for business success
- Profile & Directory Curation
- Incentivized Review Pitches
- All Other Activities As Needed
What do we expect of you?
Consistent demonstration of the competencies below:
Time Management & Organization
- Prioritizing integral responsibilities.
- Finding a personal routine and workflow.
- Following company standards for punctuality at all times.
Proactivity & Tenacity
- Thinking ahead to predict issues before they occur. Taking initiative to ask questions.
- Having the determination and persistence to achieve one’s goals and push the company forward.
Clear & Open Communication
- Interacting constructively internally and externally.
- Being honest and empathetic when sharing perspectives.
- Approaching conversations with the intent to teach/learn and improve.
- Seeking regular feedback.
- Acting as a role model for other teammates.
- Exhibiting Clutch values (empathy, integrity, builder-mentality, focus on continuous improvement) in all aspects of work.
- Being insistent on helping the company grow.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Identifying problems and finding potential solutions independently.
- Being an active participant in discussions and meetings.
- Consistently seeking to learn and do more at Clutch.
- Supporting teammates professionally and personally.
- Actively demonstrating respect for the greater Clutch community.
Compensation & Bonuses
SDRs have a starting salary of $55,000 and a target annual bonus of 10%. Bonuses are based on individual and team-wide performance and will be given on a quarterly basis.
Clutch Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, traits historically associated with race (including hair texture, hair type and protective hairstyles), religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation or activity, credit information, status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Clutch Co. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Applicants with disabilities are invited to advise Clutch Co. of any reasonable accommodations needed in the application process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.