Business Development Representative
FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team. At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles, construction sites, film sets, and more. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it's needed. Our hardware includes an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and onboard control systems. It is connected to a cloud-based analytics platform and remote-controlled through our customer-facing mobile and web apps. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors for our Series A, is increasing product development cycles, and growing rapidly.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual committed to learning fundamental prospecting, lead qualification and market segmentation skills needed to develop into a top performing sales professional. Key attributes will be exceeding expectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment to organization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get the job done. In this role you will generate new business opportunities by following a proven process to prospect into business accounts. You are motivated to identify and research lists of companies and contacts to target, and to develop and manage email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
The SDR will work with the Segment Directors to create and prioritize their target market and is accountable for generating qualified warm leads which they will pass over to the SD to close. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical, tenacious, and not afraid of cold calling. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes a commission structure.
The ideal candidate will possess a desire to develop their professional selling skills and must be a fit for our fun, entrepreneurial, team-based culture. This role is not targeted at an experienced sales rep, rather an individual who is driven to learn and succeed with a great attitude—we will train you on the rest!
- Learn and execute proven processes, including cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Follow up effectively with leads to qualify them and to conduct initial discovery of their requirements
- Strategize with sales executives and the marketing team to support their prospecting programs with direct outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with customers around their business needs
- Discover and engage new prospect accounts and contacts within your assigned territory
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Managing inventory on-site
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Representing FreeWire at tradeshows and events
- A commanding desire to learn, grow sales and succeed in tech business.
- 1+ years of sales or related demand generation experience in a solution selling based structure
- Candidates should have one of the following: sales experience or other related business experience
- Experience with sales tools – CRM, Email Automation, Prospecting.
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and have a great phone manner.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding assigned targets and personal goals.
- Committed to constant growth. You love learning and improving yourself.
- Team player. You thrive in an environment where there are many moving pieces and where success is measured for the organization as well as the individual.
- You are naturally entrepreneurial and highly organized
- You are a confident and genuine communicator with great listening skills
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Above all, you must be results-driven—you are always looking to achieve great things for yourself and your team!
Your application has been successfully submitted.