Head of SDR
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Signal AI
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the reputation management space for public relations (PR), and are now joining the dots beyond.
We work closely and collaborate with world-leading academics and industry practitioners in Information Retrieval (IR), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Our total funding to date is around $50 million. In the latest funding round, Redline Capital joined our investor group that includes MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role - Who are you?
We are looking for an energetic, growth-oriented sales leader who is passionate about mentoring and leading the next generation of sales all-stars. Reporting directly into the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for continuing to scale and manage our sales development team to success while creating a team culture that is focused on collaboration, energy, fun and the drive to win.
You will be focused on accelerating growth for all of our lead generation activities by optimizing current processes, coaching our SDR team, defining & tracking KPI’s and reporting on the success of the team to senior leadership. You will work closely with other leaders in sales, marketing, revenue operations and enablement to drive strategy for pipeline development and business growth. The successful candidate will have experience structuring efficient processes, analyzing prospecting results to build strategy along with a history of leading by example and inspiring others to achieve and exceed their goals.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Recruit, hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives and Leads
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics and tools to maximize success on the SDR team
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual pipeline growth and revenue targets
- Report on pipeline building metrics and forecast to senior sales management & leadership
- Collaborate with sales enablement for targeted training and development
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
- Work with Marketing and Revenue Operations to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads
- Ensure the team metrics are aligned with the broader organizational objectives
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to product, sales and marketing leadership
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- 3-5 years experience as a Sales Manager in another role - including 2-3 years of solid experience within an SDR/Inside Sales role - ideally SaaS technology, B2B business
- In-depth experience across prospecting, lead generation and sales management (cadence management, cold calling, objection handling etc.)
- Ability to create & lead a motivating and energetic sales environment
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, Linkedin Sales Navigator and Zoom
- Possess strong leadership skills with a focus on the development of both individual skills and a team-oriented culture
- Strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate impact, as well as influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams;
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our New York Office and are growing at pace! We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited PTO - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company MacBook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Full benefits and a 401k
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energized with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.
Your application has been successfully submitted.