Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re looking for SDR’s to join our Sales Team!
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for prospects to engage with Deputy. We’re looking for positive, outgoing, and ambitious individuals to join the team and help drive our sales efforts. This person will qualify inbound queries from Small - Medium business owners across all industries who have signed up for a trial with Deputy. You will proactively manage any queries they have on our product and help them streamline their business processes and make efficiencies.
You’ll be the first point of communication with customers who sign up for a free trial where your role will facilitate the next meeting by qualifying or disqualifying the client, and setting up a demonstration with an Account Executive. Addition to managing our inbound process we’ll be adding additional responsibilities of outbound after the first few months in the role. As an SDR, you’ll be making calls as a big portion of your job, managing online chat on Intercom and emailing prospective clients to coordinate qualified demonstrations with the account executive team.
As a Sales Development Representative you’ll be joining our global Deputy team based across San Francisco, California, Atlanta, Georgia and London, UK. You’ll be joining a team of 3 Account Executives, and will be one of two new starting SDR’s joining the business due to promotions. We’ve excitingly promoted both SDR’s into Partner and Account Executive roles within the Atlanta office. Your manager is based in London. The ideal candidate will be a morning person and flexible on start times for the first few months to join team meetings and get upskilled with the current team.
- Navigate a high volume of sales inquiries and/or proactively reach out to prospects via phone calls (80% of this job is outbound calls)
- Conduct qualification of prospects for the Deputy sales process to ensure you’re scheduling the best demonstrations with the designated Account Executive
- Set up appointments/web demonstrations with the appropriate sales team members to help progress the trial to a demonstration, then to an online subscription
- Handover of prospects’ pain points/business case to Deputy sales team with detailed notes in Salesforce/SalesloftKeep CRM ( Salesforce.com ) system up to date at all times (experience with a CRM is definitely a plus)
- A Customer first approach to calls, interactions, and support is critical to the role as you’ll be the first impression of Deputy to all prospects
Your Experience/Comparable Skills
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as an SDR, BDR or agency recruitment
- Outbound experience of account planning/prioritisation, researching and outbound prospecting an added bonus
- Have a high sense of work ethic, integrity a kind personality along with an adaptable mindset to deal with the dynamics of startup life
- Prior experience working as a shift worker (experience in hospitality, retail or healthcare/medical is a definite plus)
- Ability to hold conversations with key decision makers is essential
- Ability to translate client pain points into a possible product solution
- Great communication skills both written and spoken Previous experience in qualifying and disqualifying prospects suitability and translating to Account Executives
- Ability to build rapport on calls very quickly
- Data- driven and Process-driven in your approach to work
- Growth mindset and Achievement orientated, someone who is always learning and wants to develop into a top performing sales person
- Interest in data and willing to learn new technology
- Happy to share ideas, collaborate globally and consistently self develop.
- This person is a team first mentality and prioritises the team’s success first and foremost.
We’re looking for individuals who strive for continuous learning and help motivate themselves and others on our team to be better, happier and more successful
Any Experience In The Following An Added Bonus
Technology Landscape: Salesforce, Salesloft, ChiliPiper, Zoom, Google Suite, Intercom, Slack
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Annual Development Budget
- Fully Paid Health benefits (for individuals)
- Company outings
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy bring in $81M series B
No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
Why IVP invested in Deputy
Check out why our customers love us GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
Your application has been successfully submitted.