Sales Development Representative (SDR)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Team:
As a member of the Sales Team, you will be responsible for prospecting and generating qualified leads for our Account Executives. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong and natural sales talents, and is committed to creating new business opportunities.
***The Sales Development Representative is an entry-level position within enterprise software sales. Prior experience with cold calling or attending a sales Bootcamp is a huge plus***
Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
- Support Account Executives by prospecting and scheduling product demos for our web-based solutions.
- Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types.
- Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
- Maintain a volume of 150-200 weekly prospecting calls.
- Convince and command on the phone; quickly establish credibility and rapport.
- Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos and qualified opportunities.
- Ideal candidate has 6 months -3 years of experience working on a sales team, ideally within a technology environment.
- Successful sales including phone experience in B2B, SaaS, tech recruitment, finance, budgeting, and/or accounting.
- Passionate about technology, selling technology and what it can do for society, and redefine a market segment.
- Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive and driven to succeed.
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change.
- Crisp written communication and fluency of expression.
- Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related fields.
- Excellent references (recent and relevant).
What makes OpenGov unique:
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award and 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
Your application has been successfully submitted.