Business Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Business Development Rep (BDR) at Alpha Software, you are a key player in the sales, marketing and lead generation process. We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and organized professional to join our global sales organization.
This BDR will work closely with members of the field marketing, sales and leadership teams to generate leads, create new business opportunities, and close deals. This is a dynamic hybrid inside sales/business development opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their sales career with a global software company. This position reports to the VP of Sales Operations.
If this sounds like you, then Alpha Software might be your next home. As the company that leads its market space in power and innovation, we guarantee excitement, challenge and an unlimited opportunity to contribute. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter via our website with full confidence of complete confidentiality.
To attract and retain the best talent, Alpha Software offers a competitive suite of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending account (FSA), disability insurances, and an employee bonus program. Alpha Software, Inc. is headquartered in Burlington, MA, very conveniently located near Route 128, the Technology Highway. We were recently awarded Technology of the Year by InfoWorld. Come join the white-hot space of mobile and web application platforms.
- Generate new sales meetings, develop leads for field sales team to build a strong sales pipeline.
- Execute our qualification process.
- Leverage marketing activity with calls and emails to drive prospects to trade shows, events, webinars, and other content; persistent follow up post-event to nurture and qualify leads.
- Provide feedback to marketing with market intelligence to identify best practices for lead generation.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of Alpha's products and competitors and those of our competitors.
- Document, maintain and update customer interactions in CRM software.
- Intelligent: You are a clever, resilient and resourceful problem solver.
- Collaborative: You work well in teams with staff, customers and partners.
- Curious: You ask great questions and seek to understand why.
- Convincing: You are a concise and persuasive communicator.
- Accomplished: You can share a track record of past success.
- Humble: You listen actively and empathically and respect others' ideas.
- Reliable: You deliver results despite obstacles.
- Passionate: You learn and improve every day.
- Really strong verbal, written and visual communication (incl. whiteboard, PowerPoint)
- Able to interact with a variety of customer roles such as Manager, Director and VP.
- Comfortable operating in a CRM tool such as Salesforce.com, Hubspot, SugarCRM, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience in high technology, preferably in B2B software or related services, acting as a BDR or SDR in a similar role.
- Skilled at navigating complex and challenging organizational environments in a professional manner.
- Proven multitasking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Any Of These Are Bonus Attributes, But Not Required
- Calling into a variety of verticals and horizontals.
- Experience with the following classes of solutions is a plus: SQL Server, Visual Studio and mobile technologies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.