Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research is no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction ™ . Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
We’re looking for a keen and hungry Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our fun, fast-paced, growing team and take on full responsibility for supplying highly qualified leads to our team of sales executives. You'll be responsible for creating interest and developing conversations with contacts at enterprise corporations. Like us, you’ll be passionate about making a first impression with prospects that is highly personal and starts a journey predicated on a fair exchange of value.
You will actively seek out new sales opportunities through active networking and sending personal, strategic, value-add emails, calls and social messages. By researching target accounts to establish the best entry points, and by profiling the individuals you plan to contact, you’ll develop an approach that will create immediate interest and set up meetings for sales executive with clear expectations and mutual interest.
If you are an effective communicator, energetic and passionate team player and result-driven person, this could be perfect job for you. You’ll work closely with quota-carrying sales executives, solutions consultants and subject matter experts in a matrix virtual team.
exAnd you’ll be set up for success with the latest and greatest sales tech, ongoing training and development and the opportunity to impact the development and growth of the sales development function.
- Research target companies and individuals to identify and nurture leads through a highly personalised approach
- Drive new business leads via networking and sending personal, strategic, value-add emails, calls and social messages to cold and warm leads
- Schedule highly qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Match commercial teaching themes to prospects’ major challenges to generate meaningful interest in taking things further
- Disposition leads to the Sales Executives and ensure continuity to give our prospects the best possible sales experience
- From time to time, attend networking events and conferences to generate leads and develop domain knowledge
- Use CRM software to update and track progress with new prospects
- Attend trainings to stay up to date with our solutions, client use cases, and industry knowledge
Qualifications And Experience Requirements
- You have a fearless attitude and hunter mentality – you’re ambitious and curious, and confident speaking to senior stakeholders in some of the world’s largest organisations
- You are self-motivating and thrive in an autonomous environment – you are organised, know how to keep yourself moving and have excellent time management skills
- You are proud of your successes and have a demonstrable track record of achieving goals – yet you are humble and put as much effort into the team’s success as your own
- You have a knack for networking – you easily and naturally create and develop relationships, underpinned by a high level of empathy
- You're a keen learner and value education – whether that means you have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experiences
- You know your way around MS Excel and actually enjoy analysing spreadsheets and charts – bonus if you geek out over sales performance metrics
- You’re calm under pressure and love a fast-paced, changing environment – therefore previous experience in SaaS and start-ups is a plus
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Remote Working - Until it is safe to return to our offices, and then up to 60% of your working month working remotely when we are back in our Hubs. Some roles will also be eligible to apply for 100% remote working.
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams - We hire highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?
Your application has been successfully submitted.