Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Candidates are expected to exhibit the following core values. We take these very seriously to preserve our special culture:
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
The ideal Sales Development Representative candidate is an energetic self-starter with the ability to identify influencers and key decision-makers within accounts. You will discover qualified opportunities by responding to inbound interests and targeted outbound prospects to build rapport and establish long-term relationships. It goes without saying, you will be a key player in the success of our company, and you’ll have a passionate, talented, and supportive team behind you.
What You’ll Do
- Follow up and qualify inbound leads that have engaged through marketing programs and campaigns
- Discover the prospect’s business needs and schedule next steps with the customer, typically a demo call with an Account Executive
- Generate appointments for the Account Executive team through outbound proactive outreach to prospects via cold calling and strategic email campaigning
- Use a consultative selling approach to identify customer needs and requirements
- Promote and position the value of Deque’s solution offerings based on the prospect’s needs
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to identify and source potential leads
- Conduct periodic check-ins and nurture longer-term prospects
- Utilize Salesforce.com to document and track all leads and activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be on the phone consecutively throughout the day
- Average 80 calls and emails a day
- Communicate with decision-makers and other various contacts at the company in an articulate and professional manner
- Work independently with strong attention to detail
- Keen probing and listening skills
- Superb time management skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Administration, customer service, marketing, and/or account support
- Technology B2B SDR or sales experience
- Familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) and services sales
- Previous cold calling experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not required
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 4,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
Anywhere in the continental United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.