Sales Development Representative
MediSpend is a recognized leading provider of SaaS based solutions that enable life science companies to compliantly manage high-risk business functions through innovative technology and advisory services. The MediSpend Compliance Suite of SaaS based solutions is the compliance system of record for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical, medical device, dental and emerging biotech companies around the world.
At MediSpend, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we are seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to find and qualify potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success.
The MediSpend team is made up of individuals who uphold our cultural attributes: Customer First, Ownership, Motivated, Team First, Open & Adaptable, and Strategic. We also value Employee Success. If you are seeking to develop the core sales skills and acumen SDRs need to become top-notch Enterprise Account Executives, be part of a highly collaborative team, and have fun doing so, then MediSpend is the place to be.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will support sales and marketing initiatives for MediSpend. In this critical role, you will work closely with the following team members including the Chief Commercial Officer, Enterprise Account Executives, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Marketing Managers, and Solution Engineers. You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer as your role is key and critical to accelerating the movement of sales opportunities through the MediSpend Selling Process, specifically generating initial leads, converting them and ‘Marketing Identified Leads’ (MILs) into Qualified Opportunities, supporting enterprise account executives with their sales efforts, and helping marketing increase market awareness.
Objectives of this Role:
- Represent our products and services, starting with an understanding of how our solutions meet customer needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects, and helping move them through the sales pipeline
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects while working closely with sales executives to support next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Be a key member to the revenue growth of the company
- Utilize Salesforce, LinkedIn, Hubspot, email, and cold calling to generate leads and qualify new opportunities
- Manage the early-stage sales cycle. This includes identifying a prospect’s needs, their business challenges, and qualifying opportunities to ensure enterprise account executives focus their attention on the right late stage opportunities
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Enterprise Account Executives
- Set up initial meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and enterprise account executives
- Manage and track activities and opportunities in our Salesforce.com CRM system
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job through training and events
- Be active on LinkedIn and other websites to research prospects, build brand awareness, and promote webinars and industry events we are participating in
- Utilize all internal resources and a team-selling approach with tenacity and ambition in order to achieve target business objectives and monthly goals
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
- Ambitious and comfortable taking initiative while being coachable
- An eager and fast learner
- Ability to manage time and priorities
- Team player
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.