Business Development Representative
Discovery Business Center 15211 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA
We are looking for dynamic, high-performing, and hardworking individuals to join our expanding Business Development team. The ideal candidate not only loves working in marketing with sales but also has a desire to work in a dynamic software industry helping customers around the world develop solutions for the automation journey from cognitive, AI-based solutions to robotics process automation.
A successful Business Development representative (BDR) is a fast learner and implements feedback quickly, has exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is determined to be successful. BDRs are the front line of the sales process and spend their days generating new conversations and appointments in our most strategic accounts, expanding our footprint in new markets and verticals with new prospects, and accelerating first calls to opportunities as part of the sales process. When prospective customers are identified, BDRs are responsible for initial qualification, scheduling first calls with account executives and nurturing the opportunity with the team all the way through close.
- Working closely with sales and the field marketing team, manage inbound leads from webforms, bots and events and make outbound prospecting calls within key accounts to set up qualified appointments.
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified monthly appointments, monthly deals in forecast, and annual revenue targets.
- Build strong relationship with sales representative and pre-sales engineer to help qualify and nurture opportunities to ensure higher win rate
- Meet weekly with sales representative to plan account goals and align outbound prospecting activities. Participate in quarterly regional sales meetings to discuss company updates, and business and sales reviews.
- Proactively continue to learn competitive products and increase market knowledge via website, on-line webinars, and publicly available information
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Kofax product, services and solutions portfolio as well as its positioning - the strengths and competitive advantages, the overall market and business drivers, the value proposition of the portfolio and the business value.
While the job description describes what is anticipated as the requirements of the position, the job requirements are subject to change based upon any changing needs and requirements of the business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- You have a passion for sales but also enjoy working in a dynamic software company helping customers on their automation journey
- You have an appetite for learning new things
- You are committed to a high standard or integrity and work ethic
- You’re a people person and are curious by nature
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. We can create a personal connection with any prospect you meet
- Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a software technology company
- 5-7 minimum years of Business Development experience and/or 3-5 years minimum of enterprise field sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic presence.
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy (Microsoft Office, Salesforce, etc.)
- Proven track record of success in first call to opportunity creation and progression
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French and/or German in EMEA (Spanish is added bonus)
- 4-year degree in sales or marketing preferred
Kofax, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Your application has been successfully submitted.