Sales Development Manager
Sales Development Representative Manager
WANT TO MAKE BIG WAVES? OR LITTLE RIPPLES?
Yeah, we’re big wave people too.
As a 100% SaaS (software as a service) company, our customers’ success is at the heart of what we do. We take pride in the partnerships we build with our customers and seeing how our unique software helps them solve complex data problems can make a huge difference for them. It’s a great platform to sell from.
We take the same approach with our own employees. We love seeing people succeed and grow in their roles, enjoying what they do and getting great results. This philosophy is embedded in our culture. It’s one reason why our Glassdoor feedback shows 89% of our people would recommend us as an employer to a friend, and 98% approve of the CEO.
We’d love you to launch our new Sales Development Team and start making big waves of your own.
Here’s what we can offer you:
A growing company with a strong future:
Our customers already include many of the world’s top financial institutions and we’re growing fast, even in the current global recession. We’re also backed by some of the best software investors. Our offices span the UK, New York, Singapore and Poland, and we’re still expanding rapidly as we enter into a high-growth phase.
An employer which puts its people first:
We give every employee a real voice in what Duco does and how it’s done. We communicate honestly and openly, whether the news is good or bad, and we give trust and support rather than micromanaging. We believe everyone should feel proud of what they do.
A role with huge scope and potential:
The Sales Development function is relatively new within Duco, but we recognise its value and now we want to build a dedicated team. Partnering closely with Sales and Marketing, you’ll be prospecting intensely into Duco’s 12-15 largest and most strategically important accounts whilst recruiting, developing and leading a global team of three direct reports. Over time, as business grows, we would expect your team to expand.
Day to day, this is what you’ll be doing:
- Develop and manage a team of global Sales Development Representatives, both the long-term vision and strategy and the day-to-day operational needs such as hiring, performance management, learning and development, motivation, etc.
- Ensure the sales development strategy supports the global Sales priorities
- Be accountable for delivering pipeline for Sales; consistently analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue across the team
- Build strong partnerships with Marketing, Sales and Sales Operations to successfully collaborate on campaigns and events
- Prospect researching and enterprise account planning (through LinkedIn, news sources and other avenues) for your assigned accounts
- Nurture long-term opportunities and relationships in your sales pipeline and respond to inbound calls from contacts and prospects within your portfolio
- Share knowledge and insights with your SDR colleagues
This is who you’ll be working with:
- The Head of Sales (North America), who will be your direct manager
- Sales Executives, Account Managers and Sales Operations Executives
- Colleagues across Customer Success, Global Services, Product, Marketing, etc.
Your contractual place of work will be our New York office but you can be based from home as long as you’re able to commute to the New York office and travel as and when needed.
This is how you’ll be rewarded:
- Very attractive base salary, reviewed annually
- Clear and attainable commission structure based on lead conversion, pipeline generation and quota attainment, with a high OTE
- Healthcare, dental and eyecare insurance (including a fully employer-paid option)
- 401k with a 4% Employer Match
- Unlimited vacation days, because we trust our people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options, as everyone has to juggle home and work stuff sometimes
- Enhanced family leave provisions e.g. 52 weeks maternity leave of which 39 is paid (yes, really!) and six weeks paid paternity leave
- Annual budget and opportunities for personal learning and development
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Annual home office allowance to make your personal space comfortable
- Employee Assistance Program, for extra support outside of work
Have we caught your eye?
This is what you'll need to be successful:
- Solid experience in a similar management role (even better if it was at a SaaS company or in within FinTech), and a strong player-coach style
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams and work at pace, but still pay close attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, as you’ll be negotiating with a range of people, internally and externally
- Resilience and perseverance - you’ll be handling daily objections and rejections Adaptive, positive and solutions-focussed approach
- Experience in working with spreadsheets, documents and presentations
Bonus points if you also have:
- Some knowledge of what SaaS is, and what it means to be a SaaS company. You don’t need to have worked in one before, but make sure you’ve done your research!
- Some experience in banks, funds or insurance would be very useful
Please note: We're not looking for 'the perfect candidate' with gold medals and superpowers. We review all applications with real interest and we're happy to support people to reach their full potential, so if you’re interested we want to hear from you.
A final note about our hiring process:
We’re currently working remotely due to the pandemic so interviews will be managed remotely. Our hiring process usually includes an initial phone chat, a competency test and three interviews with your manager and relevant colleagues.
Your application has been successfully submitted.