Sales Development Representative
At phData, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to identify and qualify potential customers who can benefit from our products and services through both inbound and outbound efforts. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales directors up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition, and profitability.
phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning. This is one of the fastest-growing and disruptive technology forces of our generation. Our standards are high and we're proud of our award-winning workplace recognized as Best Places to Work and Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S. Our employee-centric culture focuses on Curiosity, Community, Grit, and Psychological Safety in an environment that fosters learning, creativity, collaboration, transparency, and teamwork.
While we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, small business work environment. We hire top performers and allow them the autonomy to deliver results. Our award winning workplace fosters learning, creativity and teamwork.
- Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing US Companies (2019, 2020)
- Snowflake Emerging Partner of the Year 2020
- Databricks Rising Star Partner of the Year 2020
- Cloudera Partner of the Year 2020
This entry-level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
Objectives of this Role:
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding of how our solutions meet the needs of our customers
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new cold prospects
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales directors for the next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Manage various sales enablement tasks for the sales team as needed
As a Sales Development Representative on the Marketing team, your responsibilities include:
- Utilize Hubspot, Salesforce, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales directors
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation opportunities in the market
- Support sales teams and sales directors on outbound strategies including event promotions, cold outreach, etc.
- Help build and maintain an approach to cold prospecting and messaging to measure success
- Report to Marketing Director with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- BA/BS degree preferred and 1-3 years of professional work experience in Enterprise Software Sales, preferably in Data, Machine Learning, and/or Data Science
- Proven business development success through effective use of core (or similar) sales tools: Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, Hubspot, Zoom, Google Apps
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently while achieving production goals from an assigned territory or set of accounts
- Extremely self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced distributed work environment
Why phData? We offer:
- Remote-First Work Environment - Work 100% Remote
- Casual, award-winning small-business work environment
- Collaborative culture that prizes autonomy, creativity, and transparency
- Competitive comp, excellent benefits, 4 weeks PTO plus 10 Holidays (and other cool perks)
- Accelerated learning and professional development through advanced training and certifications
Your application has been successfully submitted.