Sales Development Representative
Torpago is a financial technology company on a mission to simplify how teams work. Our core product, Torpago corporate cards, provide businesses with corporate credit cards (virtual and physical) equipped with our spend management software.
Location: We are headquartered in San Francisco. However, this role can be based anywhere in the US.
About The Role
Torpago is looking for an early Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the founding team to shape and develop our sales process. You will be responsible for generating our customer pipeline and helping to fuel our rapid growth.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for generating leads, sourcing new sales opportunities, and qualifying them. Initially, your primary goal will be to qualify leads and schedule demos and pass them on to our sales executives. You will be working closely with the founding team in order to improve and further define the sales pipeline and provide the product team with key insights into customer needs and feedback. Over time you will be expected to become an expert in our system and move into a closing role.
You will have a very high level of responsibility and autonomy to get your work done. While lead generation and pipeline will be your main focus, this role represents a great personal growth opportunity. You will have a chance to learn and develop within our organization. You will be exposed to all facets of our business and have opportunities to be involved in product development, marketing, and account management among other areas. We are looking for a highly motivated individual.
We expect you to grow to more senior positions as you gain experience and achieve higher levels of performance.
What You'll Do
- Generate pipeline through outbound prospecting, trade shows (hopefully), networking and other functions.
- Make phone calls and emails to prospective clients each day, leveraging Salesforce and other sales technologies.
- Qualify incoming prospects, whether generated through outbound initiatives or marketing-driven inbounds. Establish rapport, understand their needs and pain points, communicate the benefits of Torpago.
- Work together with marketing, design, engineering and other functions to continuously improve Torpago’s product and market appeal, from attracting prospects to solving the key issues they raise.
- Discover, improve and execute new approaches to reach our audience, including events and shows, campaigns, referral, collateral and case studies.
- Act as a self-starter while leveraging cross-functional collaboration wherever appropriate.
- Employ a consultative approach in assessing clients’ needs and developing an understanding of the challenges faced by their business.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- 1+ years of SDR experience (open to all industries, tech preferred)
- Cold calling experience is required for this opportunity
- Familiarity with sales methodologies such as BANT, MEDDIC, Challenger, SPIN, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- Creative salesperson with the ability to leverage network contacts and strong social selling skills (eg: LinkedIn, trade shows)
- Experience with tools like Salesforce and Outreach
- Familiarity with accounting software a plus but not required
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity where your work will shape the future of our business then this is the role for you.
- Full medical & dental
- Paid time off
- Meaningful equity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.