Business Development Representative
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose, California and Houston, Texas.
We are seeking Business Development Representatives to join our growing sales team. You will qualify leads, build relationships with prospective customers, network with partners, and generate new opportunities in Bill.com ’s Direct Channel. Business Development Reps who consistently meet and exceed their sales targets will be considered for exciting career expansion opportunities within our growing organization. This position reports to the Sales Manager, Business Development in the direct channel.
Professional Experience/Background To Be Successful In This Role
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation or Sales (direct channel background and/or SaaS experience a plus, but not required)
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume opportunity generation/sales quotas in hyper-growth, goal-focused environments
- Organized and process-oriented while being creative and willing to try new approaches
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Confident, articulate phone presence and written communication skills – ability to initiate discussions with executive-level decision makers
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and other best-of-breed Sales & Marketing productivity tools
- Experience using social networking tools to help research and connect with target contacts/accounts
- Ability to work full-time from our beautiful Palo Alto headquarters
Competencies (Attributes Needed To Be Successful In This Role)
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Communication – Direct and highly articulate, exceptional writing skills
- Team Player - Good sense of humor, Humble, Competitive, Collaborative
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-starting individual. Persistence and tenacity is key for success in this role.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, strong time-management skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability – things move fast around here!
- Within 30 days of employment
- Develop a deep understanding of the Bill.com product offering, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Bill.com product training certification.
- Master Bill.com sales messaging. Internalize and effectively communicate the value proposition to prospective customers.
- Learn the current Bill.com sales and business development tools and processes and understand key metrics for success in your role.
- Within 60 days of employment
- Build opportunity pipeline by identifying key decision makers within target accounts using internal sales tools and other publicly available information.
- Initiate and demonstrate ability to create connections with decision makers through outbound calls, email, social forums, and events.
- Use Salesforce.com to build, manage, and maintain all data and intelligence gathered through research and prospect engagement. Track and report all activities and results using Salesforce.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Bill.com products, industry trends, and competition.
- Within 90 days of employment
- Meet all sales and performance objectives including daily activity target, monthly meeting, and sales qualified leads quota.
- Represent Bill.com at industry conferences and regional events as needed.
- Stay current on trends in the industry and developments in the Accounting space.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization.
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.