Sales Development Representative
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Sales Development Representative to join our Sales team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About The Role
The Sales Development Representative supports our regional sales teams in meeting and exceeding their quotas. You'll be working with our regional Sales teams and across Oscar making it easy for brokers to understand our product offering, competitive positioning, and quoting tools for our Cigna + Oscar partnership, and will act as a single point of contact for top producing brokers and general agents. You will report into the Regional Sales Lead, (East/West).
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for prioritizing and outbounding to prospective brokers and manage relationships with existing distribution partners
- Handle inbound calls and emails from Oscar’s most important general agents and brokers and ensure we maintain a concierge level of service
- Collaborate with Oscar’s Eligibility, Billing, and Member Services teams to resolve complex issues
- Gain a deep understanding of Oscar’s plans, benefits, and networks and the ability to educate others on our products across markets.
- Partner with our Marketing teams to develop resources and collateral to make Oscar the easiest carrier to do business with
This is a remote role, you are able to work remotely in one of the following states: NY, CT, GA, TN, MO, IL, CA, AZ, NJ
Required Education And Experience
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Experience making data-driven decisions
Preferred Education And Experience
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Health insurance experience
Life At Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements For In-person Work
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
- Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Your application has been successfully submitted.