Business Development Representative
This is a full-time role in Chicago, IL
SpotOn is on a mission to help small business owners compete and win with the type of technology that used to be reserved for only the big guys. We do it with innovative software and payment solutions for restaurants and retail businesses, like commission-free online ordering that kicks costly delivery apps to the curb, digital loyalty rewards that drive revenue growth and cultivate real customer relationships, a mobile business dashboard app for owners running their business on the go, and more ways to sell and get paid, including online. It’s all backed by 24/7 support and local experts that care about their business as much as they do.
We believe small businesses and local restaurants are the heartbeat of our communities. They are run by our neighbors, our colleagues, and our friends. And we’re committed to standing right beside them, thinking, anticipating, and delivering the future technology they need, today and every day.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you'll bring energy, passion and a sales focus to engage with our prospects and generate new business opportunities for SpotOn. You'll play a critical role in our growth and gain invaluable experience that will springboard you into a career in sales. At SpotOn, you'll actively prospect for new leads, execute targeted marketing campaigns and qualify active buying interest. You'll typically be the first to interact with a prospect, so it is imperative that you create a phenomenal experience that will set the stage for sales follow up and future account growth.
- Educate prospective clients – over the phone – on the value of SpotOn renowned products and services
- Qualify leads with the goal of determining if the prospect fits the buying criteria
- Partner with sales executives to create customized plans for sales territories, with a goal of achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Research and build new target accounts while also acquiring referrals and further contact information from existing prospects
- Manage, track and report all activities in Salesforce.com
- You consider yourself a "a go getter"
- Must be self-directed, working independently and as part of a team
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Ability to navigate objections and concerns
- Effective note-taking and clearly articulating action items
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet Quotas
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Company laptop
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.