Business Development Manager
Leverages industry connections and relationships to identify possible project work for one or more Area or Corporate division work. Supports full project bid by building pursuit team, negotiating contract with Owner and ultimately securing new work for the Company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develops project pursuit strategy with Area or Corporate Operational leadership for assigned division to ensure efforts coordinate with Company business model and risk profile.
- Attends and participates in industry outreach and informational events to gain local contacts and identify possible project work for the Company. Connects with professional contacts to promote Company and personal brand.
- Identifies and assembles key internal personnel and subcontractor alliances to engage and support pursuit efforts.
- Provides strategic input and industry insight to obtain short-listing selection from a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) submittal.
- Supports and prepares Bid Review Committee, Risk Review Committee and pursuit coordination documentation to ensure bid meets all request requirements.
- Prepares and negotiates designer agreements, subcontractor agreements, and Joint Venture (JV) agreements using Company approved processes and documentation.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities in contract specifications to use subcontract vendors or Joint Venture (JV) partnerships to spread or mitigate Company risk and expense.
- Tracks the pursuit process and proposal development schedule through the life of the pursuit to ensure submittal is compliant with requested information and delivered by the designated deadline.
- Attends and participates in Risk Review Committee meetings to identify and support risk mitigation opportunities for the Company.
- Works with estimating team to calculate and confirm final project budget, Company margin and recommended bid price. Provides industry, competitor and Owner information and insight to ensure Company final recommendation is competitive.
- Promotes Company brand as a part and in conjuncture with personal brand. Embodies Company values and ethics in all interactions with personal and professional contacts.
- Submits forecast reporting on prospective project work to District or Corporate Operational leadership to ensure work is aligned to business model and Company strategies.
- Oversees and supports the collection and creation of proposal documents during all phases of the pursuit process to ensure final product is market quality and includes all required aspects of the request.
- Attend and participate in project hand-off calls for all won projects between pursuit and construction teams to ensure accurate transfer of contract specifications and Owner expectations to project management team.
- Support published corporate policies.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or a related field required.
- 10+ years’ proposal experience for a construction, engineering or design firm required.
- 5+ years’ project management or estimating experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to initiate and develop personal and professional relationships in the industry.
- Proven leadership skills used to identify key internal personnel and drive the pursuit efforts forward while maintaining the ultimate needs of the Owner.
- Strong personal and Company branding skills. Able to infuse and exude Company values into personal brand and daily interactions.
- Developed investigation and research skills to uncover new opportunities for Area or Company growth or coordination.
- Developed knowledge of estimating and proposal processes and procedures used to liaise between internal departments and external vendors or Owners.
- Proven contract negotiation skills required. Able to identify inconsistencies or outliers in contract specifications that could increase Company risk or expense.
- Proven ability to identify measure and facilitate the needs of the Owner during the pre-bid, bid and project phases to support positive Company relationship through the life of the project.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.