Sales Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSpace is on a mission to bring new levels of transparency and tracking to construction. Our solutions combine simple off-the-shelf 360 degree cameras, computer vision, and AI to make it incredibly easy to capture a complete visual record of the jobsite, share it via the cloud with remote teams and process for insights. To date, our customers have used our platform to capture over 4 billion square feet of active construction projects, across thousands of sites, in dozens of countries.
Founded in 2017, OpenSpace is based in San Francisco by experienced entrepreneurs and engineers with several successful exits under their belt. We are rapidly growing and well-funded with a team that combines people with deep, firsthand experience in construction with the best AI PhDs and engineers out there.
About The Founders
Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3D Robotics, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Scientist, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager is a player-coach. As a manager your job is threefold: (1) Lead a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train all members of the SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the Sales Enablement team.
OpenSpace is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a 100% remote workforce. This position will report into the VP of Sales, with global coverage sometimes requiring work beyond normal US working hours.
We offer competitive compensation, employee health coverage and flexible time off.
Responsibilities (What You Will Do):
- Train members of the SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new SDRs.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams on Field events and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with the Sales Leadership team and Marketing ABM team to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Sales Enablement Manager to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
Requirements (What We Want To See In You):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Construction technology experiences a huge plus.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
Background, Experience, And Education
- Bachelor's degree or relevant years of experience. A minor or advanced degree in business preferred, but more weight given to history of impacting and driving business outcomes.
- Superior organizational, conflict resolution, and time management.
- 5+ years of direct experience in SDR management
- Experience selling B2B solutions and/or managing B2B sales teams preferred. May accept less experience with verifiable proof of delivering business outcomes (increased velocity, increased win-rates, decreased rep ramp-up time, improving sales force performance).
- Self-motivated; highly driven to produce results.
Characteristics (How You Like To Work)
- Great listener
- Empathy for the sales process
- Understanding of product / construction industry
- Execution-minded - doesn’t just talk about it, DOES it
- Ruthless prioritization and time management skills
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- Lots of growth potential: you are joining us as we scale up
- You'll feel satisfied that you're delivering something that people love
- Equity at an early stage company positioned for massive growth.
- We are working on something awesome!
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter that tells us why we’d be crazy not to hire you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.