Sales Development Representative (SDR) - SS&C Technologies
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, and has been named to the Top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. We are looking for a high energy and dynamic individual who is looking for a career in Sales to join our growing team as a Sales Development Representative.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will play a key role in generating new business opportunities for SS&C. This role will be responsible for servicing inbound and outbound sales and other related inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying prospective customers. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and sets the tone for the sales process.
In this position, you’ll manage the lead lifecycle from initial inquiry to qualification and transition to the Sales Team. The ideal candidate is highly driven, results-oriented, coachable, and enthusiastic to learn about the FinTech industry.
- Qualify and pass inbound leads by responding to phone calls and web-form submissions in a timely manner
- Make daily outbound calls to identify new prospects and generate high-quality opportunities for SS&C’s larger sales organization
- Understand and record the technological challenges and business needs of our clients and prospects through active listening and effective questioning
- Provide qualified opportunities to field/client sales organizations to further account development
- Research pertinent prospect information using multiple sources and input data into CRM, making updates as new interactions occur and more information is gathered
- Understand the products offered by SS&C’s larger product portfolio and regularly enhance said knowledge through self-study and scheduled internal trainings
- Comply with established Sales Development processes and procedures and quickly adopt net-new ones as required
- Maintain strong working relationships across multiple teams, across different departments, and across different regions
- Shadow calls and product demos with Sales Representatives and Solutions Consultants to better understand SS&C’s full sales lifecycle
- Financial Services or Software industry (SaaS) experience preferred but not required
- A strong curiosity and passion to learn more about the financial services industry
- Comfortable speaking to senior decision makers
- Self-motivated, team player that has a positive can-do attitude
- Able to receive and implement coaching and feedback to apply best practices
- Enthusiasm and interest in pursuing career in Sales
- Ability to form relationships with colleagues, prospects and customers through strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and has excellent written and verbal communication skills as well strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects
- Skilled and active listener who can understand and empathize with customer and prospect needs and respond accordingly
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- BA/BS required
If you've got what it takes to be a great Sales Development Representative and want to work on a hardworking, success-oriented and fun team, then apply today!
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.