Sales Development Representative
Karbon is hiring a full-time Sales Development Representative to help us meet expanding demands as the industry undergoes a large transformation to support remote work.
Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
You have 1-2+ years of B2B SaaS experience in an SDR or similar role. Prior domain experience with Workflow, Accounting, or Project Management software and/or outbound sales experience is a plus.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working independently in a very fast-paced and tech-savvy environment. You have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated, and have the results to show for it.
You are someone who can listen to a customer's challenges and ask questions to better understand their needs. You have a friendly but assertive demeanor. Ideally, you have prior experience working in a startup environment, working remotely, and experience working in or with the accounting industry.
- Physically located and authorized to work in the United States (SF Bay Area; San Diego, CA; Reno, NV preferred) and comfortable working with a remote, international team
- 1-2+ years of experience selling a SaaS product to small/medium-sized businesses
- Experience with outbound sales
- High level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken
- Bonus points if you have prior experience using Salesforce, Outreach, and Handwritten
- Calling, emailing, and engaging with outbound leads on social networks
- Building email, social, and physical mail campaigns to engage with prospects and book meetings with Account Executives
- Proactively engaging with and reconnecting with former prospects
- Qualifying and understanding a prospect's needs
- Converting leads into qualified prospects
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work hours and environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor when or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
- Company retreats and off-sites
Your application has been successfully submitted.