Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position at Smarsh
Sales Development Rep
Are you seeking a foundational, foot-in-the-door opportunity to a long-term career in SaaS sales? Smarsh is building a new Inside Sales team in Eugene, Oregon. The Inside Sales team is part of the established Sales organization to continue the year-over-year growth we have experienced since Smarsh began in 2001. We are seeking highly-motivated, high-potential Sales Development Representatives (SDR) with strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts.
Under the leadership, guidance and coaching of the Sales Development Director, and within a disciplined, metric-driven process, you will research prospective customers and identify, filter and qualify opportunities for the Account Executives. You will generate leads through cold calling activity and be the first point-of-contact for prospects interested in the Smarsh platform.
- Be an expert in the Smarsh platform to understand prospects’ compliance and archiving requirements and how Smarsh can fulfill those requirements
- Maintain a complete, accurate, up-to-date sales pipeline and forecast in Salesforce
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Qualify opportunities and leads to the top of our sales funnel
- Develop multi-channel presentation skills to present in person and via the web
- Professionally and passionately represent the Smarsh brand, vision, and values at all times
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Drive to be coached to success
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, and enthusiasm
- 1+ year of direct sales experience, preferably in B2B environment is a plus
- Capability with Salesforce.com and LinkedIn is a plus
About Our Culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.
Your application has been successfully submitted.