Business Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our Business Development (BDR/SDR) team and thrive in our company culture, values, career development opportunities and make a difference!
Looking to get into software sales? We’ll teach you everything you need to know! Join an all-star team of hard-working professionals at Mimecast and kick start your sales career as a member of our fun, fast-paced, high energy, and self-motivated Business Development team!
The mission of a Business Development Representative (BDR/SDR) is to generate new business opportunities and saturate the sales pipeline. As a Mimecast BDR you will assist our North America Sales Team driving lead generation by working behind the scenes helping to make our sales team more productive and close more business. In this role you will get exposure to the inner workings of a sales environment and understanding the building blocks of a successful sales career. Given the email threat landscape is everchanging, you will be consistently supported in learning the product, challenging our competitors, and perfecting your sales acumen.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Ensure leads are validated with key information to help qualify sales meetings using tools such as Discover.org, Jigsaw, internal databases, etc
- Create outbound calling and/or marketing lists utilizing tools that have complete and necessary information to be effective
- Route information to the appropriate sales or Inside sales professional and ensure accurate follow up
- Meet company SLAs (service level agreements) for lead cleansing and routing
- Handle all customer inquiries via live conversations in a timely manner
- Provide feedback to marketing on quality leads
You’re our ideal candidate if you are…
- Energetic, motivated, and inspired by exceeding goals
- Someone who has previous successful sales experience OR motivated to begin a sales career
- Someone who has a competitive spirit
- Collaborative and a team player
- Someone who has the capacity and ability to thrive in a fast paced sales environment
- A self-starter, focused, dynamic, and eager to learn
- Someone who has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who has previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required).
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuous career development and long-term growth opportunities at Mimecast
- BDR Fast Start Training Program – designed to expedite the success of future rockstars!
- Mimecast Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space, and the competitive landscape.
- Mimecast Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous and competitive benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to email@example.com to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.