Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
As an SDR, you will work closely with sales and marketing to generate opportunities through outbound outreach. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced sales environment where you'll be the first "face" of Muck Rack to prospective customers, representing our team, culture, and brand.
More about the role:
- Prospecting leads (via email and phone) and scheduling meetings to meet and exceed established targets
- Managing and overcoming objections from potential buyers
- Setting up efficient systems to reach out to companies in a custom way
- Tracking industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Organizing and assigning leads in Muck Rack’s sales CRM (HubSpot), including maintaining proper records, activities, and reports/forms
- Proposing creative ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools
- Performing A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to gather data for sales enablement
- Staying on top of the PR industry and news cycles to find real time sales opportunities
More about you:
- ~1 year experience working in SaaS or other customer facing role, with a sales-oriented mindset, innate curiosity and a love for building relationships with new people
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to write creative, personalized emails to prospects and to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- Strong phone presence, with a natural ability to connect and engage with potential customers and develop rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly accountable, self-motivated, and with a growth mindset that keeps you open to feedback and coaching
- An ability to get up-to-speed on new tools quickly - we use Google Apps, Hubspot, & Slack
- Education, background in or knowledge of PR and journalism industries is helpful
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries, company-wide bonus plan, and equity
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
**Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.**
**While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role.**
Your application has been successfully submitted.