Business Development Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. For more information, please visit flexe.com .
As a Business Development Associate (BDA) you will join a multifaceted team that is a key component of the FLEXE sales team and go-to-market strategy. As a BDA you will be on the front lines of transforming the logistics industry by helping forward-looking brands reinvent their logistics networks. You will have access to extensive training and mentorship, as well as the chance to learn from leaders in the logistics technology industry. FLEXE BDAs are responsible for target account planning, prospecting and support for the Director of Business Development and Director Account Management through the entire sales cycle.
Unlike conventional SDR/BDR roles, the BDA role is not just responsible for filling the top of the funnel with qualified meetings. The BDA also serves a critical inside sales role, handling initial qualification of prospective customers who are introduced to FLEXE via various sales channels in collaboration with Marketing and Operations stakeholders.
The role will work closely with Business Development, Account Management & Marketing leadership, and is an essential part of the overall sales process.
As a Business Development Associate, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to create and execute integrated account engagement plans within FLEXE target account segments
- Identify and engage decision makers and the buying committee within target account
- Generate qualified new business opportunities with target accounts via targeted outbound prospecting to senior executives
- Introduce the FLEXE model to leads and qualify prospective customers
- Support field sales team in coordinating with various cross functional owners throughout the FLEXE organization, including; Network Development, Solutions Engineering, Tech/Product, Implementations, and Operations
- Partner with the field sales team (both BD & AM) to drive revenue generating opportunities through the end-to-end sales cycle
We’re Looking For Someone With
- 1-2 years Logistics and/or Supply Chain background and experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer facing sales role, preferably selling into Enterprise organizations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience using sales productivity tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Chorus, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance is not offered at this time.
The benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
- Health benefits for individual:
- Dental and vision are covered 100%
- Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
- 401k Matching Program
- Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
- $300 Work from home office reimbursement
- 20 days of PTO
- 13 Total Holidays
- 10 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
- 2 floating holidays
- Take your birthday off!
- Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working At Flexe
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at Flexe even more enjoyable:
- Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
- Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
- PhilanthroFlexe program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other Benefits Available When In-office
- Bike lockers and showers
- Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
- Bake-off challenges
- Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.