Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to be a founding member of the Sales Development Representative team at OpenComp where you will contribute to the company culture as well as generate loads of pipeline for our sales team?
At OpenComp, we empower high-growth companies to get compensation right and pay employees fairly. With trusted market data, benchmarking, and analytics in one platform, OpenComp greatly simplifies compensation planning and gives customers the tools they need to effectively manage growth over time without fear of losing top candidates or valuable employees because of perceived, or actual, pay inequities.
Our SDR’s are brand ambassadors for OpenComp as they are the first point of contact for our future customers. As an SDR, you will evaluate and manage all l new leads and determine if their level of interest and readiness is right to convert to viable opportunities for our Account Executives to follow up on. You will qualify inbound leads and generate outbound prospects to identify which businesses would benefit from using the OpenComp solution. Your contribution to the sales team will significantly add to the success of our business.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for someone looking to break into tech sales, or to continue building upon existing lead qualification and lead generation skills, in an early-stage start-up environment. If you have a team-focused approach, passion for sales, and want to make a positive difference in the world through your work, please apply.
What You'll Do:
- Represent OpenComp in the best light as you will be the first interaction for incoming leads from various sources including website, marketing events, calls
- Work closely with sales to align customer requirements during the qualification process
- Move lead from initial conversation to appointment setting with sales
- Contribute to sales pipeline development through direct outreach to key decision-makers typically found in the Human Resources organization
- Join account planning and mapping projects in collaboration with the sales team using purchased databases, publicly available lists, social media, and other sources of prospects
- Undertake cold calling campaigns around specific business propositions or market awareness
- Provide support and be a common point of contact during core business hours for prospects and the sales team (by email or by telephone)
- Align your activities with quarterly/yearly set qualified sales revenue targets
- Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly KPI’s as required
- 1-year sales or relevant experience/transferrable-skills
- Confident communicator with an engaging phone presence
- Ability to change in response to a rapidly moving competitive environment and to identify and develop sales opportunities
- "Can-do” attitude and persistence
- High level of attention to details
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team, sharing information cross-functionally
- Experience in SalesForce.com, or a comparable tracking system, recording all relevant activities as they occurred
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Must be within commuting distance of San Francisco office (Union Square) for on-site team-based sales activities 2-3 days/week (once the Delta or other variants get out of our way)
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, encouraging and intellectually results-oriented workplace, we are offering:
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Competitive salary and stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and seek new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.