Business Development Representative (BDR)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for three (3) talented Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join the Litmus team!
Who is Litmus?
We’re a tight-knit team that helps the world empower our customers to curate best-of-class email communication. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands and thought-leaders in the industry—and it shines through our customers.
Quality communication is imperative; we value this in both our personal and work lives. Litmus’s email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight our customers.
We work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry. We’re the change-agent for the most creative and supportive customers around. Litmus is championed by major global brands, including 9 of the Top 10 technology companies, 9 of the Top 10 U.S. banks,10 of the Top 10 retailers, 9 of the Top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100: How do we do this? We seek talent that is not a “culture fit”, rather a culture add.
If you’re an ambitious, growth-minded self-starter, we’d love to speak with you!
What would I do at Litmus?
- Be the engine to our train, initiating the sales process through emails, phone calls, and social media
- Meet with both inbound and outbound prospects, leveraging your people-skills. Once qualified, schedule meetings for the Sales team
- You will have the opportunity to conduct initial qualification calls with prospects
- Aspire for more: As our future Account Executive, Account Manager, or Marketing expert, you’ll learn and master the fundamentals that will prepare you to grow our business—always prioritizing our customers’ needs
- Create a bi-monthly business plan that supports your individual goals
- Collaborate with our innovative teams to continuously improve upon our practices
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 6 months plus experience as a BDR or Sales Development Representative (SDR) + the desire for career growth
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales quotas or other metrics
- Hands-on experience with sales prospecting techniques such as cold-calling, emailing, and social outreach
- Prior success working from both home and an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity or exposure to selling methodology like Sandler, MEDDIC, etc.
- CRM experience preferred but not required (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Startup experience is helpful but not required
What are the BDR Seven (7) Components to Success?
- High activity & timing: Efficiently manage a high volume of both outbound and inbound emails, phone calls, and lead sourcing
- Creativity & personalization: Thoughtfully and creatively research potential customers to personalize your customer outreach
- Product knowledge: Become a trusted advisor by constantly improving your working knowledge of the Litmus solution
- Qualification: Learn how to effectively qualify leads, prioritizing your time and effort on high-potential close opportunities
- Process-oriented: Follow an integrated process in our systems including Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator, sourcing tools, sales cadence software, and more
- Organization: A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals, and achieving success
- Attitude: As our BDR, you have energy, passion, humor, enthusiasm, and the ability to be resilient in the face of challenges
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- We're looking for team members that could flex work from home and/or our beautifully designed and well-equipped Cambridge, MA headquarters. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- Affinity Groups (ERGs): Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is our culture—creating belonging for all is in our DNA #bebeyondlitmus
- Litmus thrives with you: we offer ongoing training and development from top Sales trainers to give you the confidence and the ability to grow in the sales role
- We take family seriously, we offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you the best tools and tech money can buy. Top-of-the-line hardware, software, home- and office setups—whatever you need to do your best work
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing—celebrating what makes each individual unique. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 700,000 marketers, you know you’re part of a winning team.
At Litmus, we are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Your application has been successfully submitted.