Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are posting on behalf of our client - as we manage their sales team.
Qualified candidates will have direct access to interview with the CEO.
Our client believes their people are at the heart of every great organization. But without proper insight, harnessing the power of the thousands of individuals who make up today’s organizations can be nearly impossible. That’s why its platform empowers everyone in the organization to easily surface the talent, skills and experience of thousands of colleagues.
They believe that empowering people is the key to the success of every organization, and we’re building a platform to help the largest organizations on the planet leverage the immense power of their team members’ combined knowledge.
The company is built by people for people. It should be simple to learn about the superpowers of your team and know what matters most to them. People data is critical, but they also believe that behind every metric are real team members that shape your culture and community. They’re a modern workplace directory that helps organizations better leverage their human capital, and become more human themselves in the process.
As their company grows and matures, they are consciously seeking to build a culture of inclusion. They are a proud equal opportunity employer and value the unique contributions that each team member brings to the organization.
What will you do?
This is a great opportunity for a professional seeking an access point to a highly rewarding sales career in the enterprise SaaS or technology industry. The Business Development Representative will work with a group of seasoned software sales and marketing professionals to generate sales leads. The BDR will schedule appointments for the sales team, make cold outreach contacts to generate leads, and qualify and validate leads from our marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is competitive, energetic, passionate and customer focused.
More specifically, you will -
- Prospect and qualify leads for the sales team.
- Enthusiastically make outbound calls when necessary and represent the company in a highly professional manner.
- Successfully and accurately answer prospect questions and provide appropriate additional information to the sales team to start a sales cycle.
- Capture accurate and legible documentation on all call activity in Salesforce.
- Achieve defined productivity and performance goals.
- College Degree and at least 1 year equivalent work experience as a Business Development Representative
- Strong phone, video call etiquette
- You’re a quick learner, open to coaching, and always working to get better
- Demonstrated strengths in verbal and written communication skills including appropriate grammar and punctuation.
- You have a big-time “motor,” always operating with a sense of urgency
- You’re agile, continuously testing, learning, and changing course as necessary
- You’re a resourceful, tenacious, outside the box thinker
- You deal with and thrive on objections
- Even moving quickly you’re a great multi-tasker and manage your time wisely
- You’re excited to play a big part in the success of Detroit tech startup
Anything that will make me stand out?
- Proven track record generating leads
- Experience selling HR Software or related tech.
- Experience working directly for a fast-growing tech startup
- Experience with sales prospecting, CRM, and automation tools
- Prefer a candidate in Detroit or nearby regions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.