Sales Development Representative (SDR)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, Sorcero is the leader in medical and technical Language Intelligence (LI). Working with some of the largest and most innovative life science and STEM enterprises, our platform delivers a 1,000% increase in analytical capacity and complex insights to track therapeutic performance, generate evidence for regulatory compliance, and improve medical decisions.
Sorcero is composed of experienced, mission-driven people from diverse backgrounds. Our employees span four continents and speak over eight human languages and any number of machine ones. We bring our individual backgrounds and creative talent together to solve challenges as a team.
Our founders have extensive experience in transforming global markets, positively impacting billions of lives. Dipanwita Das, Co-Founder and CEO, built international public health platforms informing over 3 billion health outcomes in 20 countries. Fellow Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Walter Bender, established the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab and invented personalized content, as well as the netbook category. Richard Graves, Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer, has co-founded and grew revenue at data-science driven startups from $0 to over $200 million.
WHY JOIN SORCERO?
Sorcero is making significant strides towards transforming decision-making by empowering stakeholders with insights to augment their expertise and, ultimately, improve patient outcomes. We have an incredible understanding and appreciation for these markets. We are building technology that is powerful and differentiated, all while solving huge challenges in people's lives and health that were previously intractable. By joining our team, you would play a critical role in our growth and success by collaborating with our network of passionate entrepreneurs to build a scalable, impactful organization.
No matter what challenges await us, the Sorcero team grows together by learning from one another and supporting personal development. From flexible working arrangements to encouraging meaningful interactions with teammates across the globe, Sorcero provides a supportive community to bring out the best in us.
We find our employees are driven by the following common values:
- Pursuit of excellence and mastery of their craft
- Humility in defeat and in success
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Desire to create large-scale, positive change
Sorcero builds AI powered solutions, combining the power of deep learning with the accuracy of ontologies to drive natural language understanding. Our platform and applications are used by top Pharma companies, scientists and researchers. We are looking for a Sales/Marketing Development Representative to contribute to inside sales, outbound prospecting, and lead qualification.
Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to execute quickly. Someone who thrives on developing new technology, challenging the status quo and is not afraid to ask questions. A good fit would be a Sales/Marketing Development Representative who has expertise in the Life Sciences domain and a natural curiosity for big data and analytics. You will be expected to contribute to the decision making process and influence the design, functionality and application of our product line.
Keep in mind - this is a challenging domain. We make decisions fast, based on scientific facts, using advanced custom technology. We are not building standard, ordinary applications. Our products are innovative and so is our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute meaningfully and learn a LOT while having fun in the process.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Extensive experience with sales and marketing tools, including HubSpot and LinkedIn Navigator
- Proven track record articulating products/services and building rapport with prospects
- Experience in technology sales, specifically SaaS applications to C-suite and key stakeholders
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals within the last 12 months
- Experience working with engineering and product teams to create customized sales material
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years experience in sales and/or marketing
- 2+ years experience working in an early startup business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels including executives, peers, managers and junior staff
- Confidence to ask questions. You will be an active contributor and business problem solver. You will be expected to understand, research and solution possible design alternatives in support of the product's success.
- You have done enough projects to understand the Life Sciences customer or you're able to quickly gather and decipher what problem our customers are trying to solve.
- Excellent planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective team player and collaborator, working across Commercial, Product and Engineering business lines
- Located in the DC area and able to meet in-person 1-2 days a week
Sorcero offers a competitive benefits package:
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in a fast growing startup
- Four week of PTO plus one additional week during the December Holiday season
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a brilliant, fun and supportive team
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.