Channel Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Flow is a technology and services company that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. Flow makes it easy for merchants to solve these enormous points of friction when selling globally. The result is a next-generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on customer experience and maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from world-class funds including NEA, Amex Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, Fung Capital, and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Flow Commerce is seeking a high-energy and dynamic Channel Sales Development Representative to prospect into partner accounts and establish relationships with partners that will result in client referrals. This individual is responsible for engaging with and properly qualifying prospective partners, which includes servicing inbound requests, researching partner accounts across the e-commerce ecosystem, and proactively reaching out to Flow’s target partners using a variety of prospecting tools. The right candidate works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, and is highly self-motivated and scrappy. The Channel Sales Development Representative will effectively engage, educate and develop partner prospects to hand off to the Head of Channels and will also support referral efforts to bring opportunities into the sales funnel. This role is one of the first touchpoints for partners and sets the tone for Flow’s relationship with the partners in its network. The successful candidate will know how to assess a partner prospect’s needs and tailor conversations and outreach to speak directly to that partner company and their retail clients. The individual in this role will learn the ins and outs of driving and developing new business for a fast-growing SaaS company in the e-commerce tech space.
The ideal candidate in this role will have the opportunity to build out processes for the partnerships prospecting function, establish a partner qualification model, and drive partner referrals at Flow.
This role reports to the VP of Marketing and is based out of our Hoboken, NJ HQ office, with flexible remote work opportunities.
- Follow-up on inbound partner leads and identify qualified potential partners
- Nurture new partner leads by educating and developing these prospects until they are ready to hand off to the Head of Channels
- Cold call and email target prospects using information from the research and other sources
- Identify new partner opportunities and develop account intelligence to penetrate key partner accounts and identify and connect with the right decision-maker
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and through email to obtain business requirements and create interest to initiate a partnership conversation
- Schedule appointments and demos when a partner lead reaches a qualified stage
- Update and maintain accurate activity and lead qualification information in Flow’s CRM
- Partner with all aspects of the Commercial team, in particular Channels and Marketing
- Work closely with Sales Operations to develop account intelligence using insight tools
- Support the company’s presence at future partner events
- Other projects and tasks as requested by management
Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- BS/BA or equivalent degree or training
- At least 2 years experience in business development, sales, and/or marketing
- Experience with core sales tools a plus (ex. Hubspot, Apollo.io, Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, Clearbit, DataFox, or similar)
- Can collaborate and work with a distributed channel and sales team
- Ability to understand and articulate cross-border pain points, requirements, and business value Flow can provide to online brands and the different partner company types working with those brands
- Aptitude in managing numerous requests and timely demands while achieving prospecting goals
- Has a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables with a strong desire to compete and win
- Team player that takes initiative that can also work independently
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Interest in retail, luxury fashion, and global e-commerce preferred
- May require some travel for future events
At Flow, we look for those with a passion for learning and who desire to have a meaningful impact. We are a team of problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. We welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged - come join us!
A little bit about life at Flow:
We offer competitive health insurance for you and your family, flexible paid time off, and retirement saving plans to name a few.
All employees are granted stock options so when we say Act Like an Owner is one of our values, we really mean it. You can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by kind and talented people whom you will learn from and who genuinely care about you.
We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally. Every employee has access to LinkedIn Learning and a professional development budget.
You don't need to come into the office every day because we trust you to deliver exceptional results. We do have certain days designated for everyone to come in since team brainstorming, collaboration and cultural activities are fun to do in person!
Go-karting and whiskey tasting to hot sauce competitions and company-wide ping pong tournaments - we’ve got all the bases covered. Flow is so much more than sitting in front of your desk all day.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life.
Your application has been successfully submitted.