Sales Development Manager (Sustainability SaaS)
Ubuntoo is a fast-growing SaaS sustainability startup based out of Atlanta, Georgia, with a global footprint. We are building the first environmental platform to exponentially scale innovative solutions to address the planets biggest challenges. Launched in 2019, we already count some of the world’s biggest brands and Fortune 500 companies amongst our customers. Our team is diverse, comprising people from 4 continents with a wide range of backgrounds. We offer competitive salaries and a progressive benefits package. Visit us at https://ubuntoo.com
We are looking for someone highly motivated to join our Business Development team and to build and grow this capability to become our main growth driver for years to come.
As the Manager of Sales Development, your mission is to proactively generate a maximum of qualified opportunities for the Sales team by listening, contacting, and influencing prospects with solution-based selling.
This is an autonomous role that gives you the opportunity to be creative and proactive with your inbound/outbound strategies. This is also a new role within our company reporting directly to the CMO, and working hand in hand with the CEO, COO and other executive leaders, so you have the opportunity to make a strong imprint on our company, culture and growth!
- Manage the prospect outreach process via emails, phone calls, social media interactions, etc.
- Each day, you are on the hunt for sales qualified opportunities (SQOs) through inbound/outbound prospecting. Tasks includes personalized emails, daily cold call blocks, social media networking and always hunting for new prospects. We use OutplayHQ, HubSpot, Calendly and Seamless.ai
- Successfully book calls to produce sales qualified opportunities SQOs for the sales team to close.
- Effectively move SQO’s through the sales pipeline in collaboration with the Marketing team and Sales Executive team.
- Collaborate with our environmental experts to build persona-based cadences to A/B test.
- Educate the prospect on what to expect on the call with the Sales team.
- Share knowledge internally of tools that potential clients are using and issues that they are facing in their work.
- Over time, develop and maintain a sales playbook for future SDR team (How to use tech stack, cold call, objection handling, how to be successful, etc)
- Conduct data analysis to inform product, sales and services strategies.
- A passion for being part of the solution to our global sustainability challenges
- Multi-cultural empathy to engage with team members, prospects, clients and partners around the world
- Team-orientated with a history of collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Technically curious – wanting to learn new technologies and keep up with a market that’s constantly evolving
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and fearless with a passion to create new relationships
- Able to communicate with warmth, authority and excitement so prospect shows up on the call vetted and educated
- Experience in social media, digital marketing and/or AI tools is a plus
- Managing an SDR team is a plus
· 1-3 years of experience working in sales development.
· Proven track record in a quota-carrying environment.
· Prior experience working with prospecting and research tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive compensation plan with salary and bonus, health insurance, and 401k.
This is a position based in Atlanta, Georgia, with the option to work remotely. No relocation assistance offered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Base Salary and Commission
Your application has been successfully submitted.