Sales Development Representative (Remote)
We are looking for someone curious and motivated to join our Business Development team. You will grow the pipeline for New Relic Sales by engaging with prospects and customers to move them forward in the sales process. This is a meaningful position at the top of our sales funnel, so you’ll have an excellent opportunity to develop and advance your career in sales.
You'll be successful as a Business Development Representative because you thrive in a diverse team environment and are excited to develop your sales career in a SaaS-based high-tech company that has an ever-growing demand for its solutions. You will be joining a team that supports career development and provides you with the tools, resources, and leadership to be successful.
What You’ll Do
- Actively engage new and existing leads by phone, email, and various professional social channels to attract new customers to New Relic.
- Pre-qualify opportunities via inbound and strategic outbound prospecting by assessing mutual interest and purchasing power
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop strategies to target prospects/accounts and secure meetings
- Achieve quarterly quotas of meetings and sales qualified opportunities for assigned territory
- Effectively uses Salesforce.com and other sales tools to engage prospective buyers in value-driven conversations before introducing them to the account executive team.
- Explain the value of New Relic’s platform to potential customers in alignment with their role and business objectives.
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Passion for sales
- Prior BDR/SDR SaaS sales experience
- Based in/around Atlanta Metro Area
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.