Outbound Sales Development Manager
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next OB Sales Development Manager. We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has preferably demonstrated a track record of managing and leading SDRs or AEs. Anyone who has demonstrated the ability and passion to empower others are encouraged to apply.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum on the Sales Development team.
About The Job
This position is needed to build and implement strategic outbound campaigns that grow the success of our customer engagement model while inspiring your team members to reach their highest potential. Additionally, you will implement departmental projects to evolve tactics that ensure the highest levels of efficiency and performance. By closely monitoring key metrics and trends, you will directly impact the future direction of the outbound team. Collaborative selling is key as you and your team will closely align team goals with Twilio sales teams across North America (NAMER).
In This Role, You’ll
- Hire, train, and lead a high-performing team of Outbound Sales Development Representatives
- Inspire individuals and motivate a team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship.
- Develop and mentor reps for career growth within the Twilio Sales organization and other departments.
- Report on sales metrics and trends to senior sales management.
- Actively use salesforce.com, Tableau, Pathlight and Outreach to manage sales processes and set standards for performance metrics.
- Ensure team productivity and efficiency by monitoring dashboards, reports, & productivity tools usage like Outreach, Vidyard and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Enablement in order to devise regionally relevant messaging to maximize outbound effectiveness.
- Analyze campaign and marketing data to iterate and drive continuous improvements in process and tactics.
- Coordinate with senior sales management to maximize team collaboration and attain aggressive pipeline goals.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4-year degree or similar
- 1+ years of robust Salesforce.com analysis of marketing campaigns, sales activity, reports and dashboards.
- 2+ years sales management experience in cloud or enterprise technology sales
- 2+ year in outbound sales development with proven track record of success
- Experience leveraging prospecting tools and platforms (lead generation, email, phone, video, data enrichment & cleansing, SDR processes, etc.)
- Ability to hire, onboard, and continuously train team members.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company.
- Ability to successfully manage people to achieve performance goals.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships to meet shared goals.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- CPaaS and CDP background
This role will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic . Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions .
(Location dependent information)
- Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $92,160 - $126,720.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Your application has been successfully submitted.