Sales Development Representative (SDR)/Business Development Representative (BDR)
Want to be part of a company that frees you to innovate and implement your powerful ideas, as you help build the future of cybersecurity? Since 2012, CRITICALSTART has helped protect thousands of businesses from cyberattacks, prepared them for tomorrow’s threats, and racked up a long list of awards in the process.
We live and breathe innovation, not bureaucracy. CRITICALSTART built the first MOBILESOC app for on-the-go threat detection and response, developed a way to automatically resolve most security alerts, and created services to reduce the time spent investigating alerts by 99.3% (analysts really love us for that).
We’re employee owned, and everything we do centers on three fundamental beliefs: Do what’s right for our customers. Do what’s right for our employees. Don’t do things that suck. Really, that’s it.
If you’d rather hear from our Critical Crew, watch this video to learn their thoughts. Read our Glassdoor reviews and you will see another inside view. (Pssst…Want to really catch our attention when you submit your resume? Include something about our Glassdoor reviews that spoke to you.)
What can we offer you?
- Daily chances to save the world. Or at least save our customers from attacks and breaches.
- Plenty of other smart, talented, high-performing people to work with. We each take accountability, make each other better, and love what we do.
- A “they’re good, we’re better” approach to transform our industry and not settle for good enough. Lots of other cybersecurity companies hire good people. Aren’t you better than just good?
- New things to learn, innovations to unlock, and a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Lots of industry recognition . So much, it’s almost embarrassing. Almost.
- Equity-stake ownership in our company, plus lots more benefits you’ll read about below.
- We couldn’t say it better than one of our teammates: "Every day is a challenge and there is so much opportunity for professional development. …your role directly contributes to the larger purpose of the company, and the sense of belonging and culture are unmatched.”
Who you are?
The Sales Development Representative (SDR)/Business Development Representative (BDR) will be an entry/associate level opportunity focusing on helping augments sales efforts by generating new business opportunities utilizing a prospecting methodology for new logo accounts. You will be responsible for helping identify and define the ideal prospecting model in conjunction with sales AEs and the Campaign team. You will call on and research targeted companies as provided coming out of Campaign efforts, Partner events and on your own accord. Conducting outreach via various channels with the objective to gain prospect engagement. This role will require the ability to develop email, telephone, and social campaigns that generate new business opportunities. The SDR/BDR role will conduct high-level conversations with multiple personas across an organization in order to uncover opportunities for the CRITICALSTART MDR solution and Cybersecurity Consulting services to drive value. This role will work closely with marketing and sales executives to uncover opportunities and qualify prospects.
This is a great opportunity for a sharp, eager marketer interested in jumping on board with one of the fastest growing companies in the cybersecurity space.
What you will be doing?
- Concentration on sales prospecting and creating qualified leads.
- Deliver sales qualified leads to the regional account teams in order to support corporate sales targets and objectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to develop and drive end-to end outreach campaign strategy including both broad-based as well as account-based approaches.
- Participate in market segmentation and go-to-market strategy planning to identify target customer segments and potential target contacts.
- Develop ongoing and updated presentations for a variety of audiences (key executive stakeholders, managers, business execs)
- Partner with regional account executive team to find prospect accounts using various lead generation tools and B2B database (Zoominfo, Outreach, HubSpot).
- Coordinate content for outreach campaigns, including email copy and reviewing assets that align with marketing and sales initiatives.
What you will bring?
- Undergraduate degree in business, sales/commerce, marketing, market research or a related field.
- Prefer at least 2 years in online marketing, lead generation, sales, marketing or equivalent market research or inside sales role, ideally in a tech organization.
- Experience in partner driven sales orgs, preferably related to endpoint security.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects across various stakeholders.
- Experience with segmentation and using lead generation tools/B2B databases.
- Extremely strong communication skills-both verbally and in writing.
- Experience starting a SDR/BDR structure from the ground up.
- Experience with Salesforce and HubSpot - managing lead/account/contact data, building reports, and analyzing reporting in dashboards in order to meet performance metrics.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong research, data management, and analytical skills with ability to analyze data and react accordingly.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team, in a fast-paced company environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn about new products/solutions, use cases and industries/verticals.
- A real go-getter
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You want to make a real difference
What’s it like working here?
Think fast-paced, fun, and fulfilling. We’re professionals and our work is important. Like save-our-customers-from-disaster important. But that doesn’t mean we take ourselves too seriously.
Want casual dress every day? No problem, we think better in comfort.
Depending on the role, you might work in the office, remotely, or use a hybrid model of work. Our Plano, TX workplace includes open offices, meeting and collaboration spaces, phone rooms, and wellness rooms. In the breakroom, things can get a little competitive playing ping-pong, shuffleboard, foosball, or the gaming machine. What’s a little competition among friends?
What does our Comp and Benefits package include?
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Employee Healthcare 100% paid for employees/50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO Plan
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Employer Paid Short-Term Disability coverage
- Universal Life with Long-Term Care
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program available 24/7/365
- Teladoc Mental Health Benefits
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- A new Tesla…hey, just kidding! Extra points for reading all the way to the end.
Your application has been successfully submitted.