Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA, USA
MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget where he served as president, and President Jake Sorofman, former Chief of Research at Gartner and CMO at Pendo. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $21 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
About the Role
As a Sales Development Representative, you will join our growing sales team where you will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. You’ll own the responsibility of prospecting, filling the sales pipeline, and introducing MetaCX to our ideal customers. You will have a direct impact on our annual recurring revenue and our growth of our company. We’ll need you to generate more opportunities to help us transform how suppliers and buyers collaborate and win together through a new outcomes-based approach for managing the entire customer lifecycle.
- You are a passionate and relentless salesperson motivated by achieving your goals and contributing to the overall success of the organization
- You want to be part of a founding team, naturally curious and motivated to experiment and build from the ground up
- You are a team player who successfully collaborates with colleagues in organizations throughout the company
- You’re an independent self-manager, highly adaptable and thrive on change while remaining communicative, optimistic, and coachable
- You understand sales math and understand the inputs of activity needed to output the desired results
What you will do:
- Prospecting: Responsible for owning prospecting activities, be the voice of MetaCX through researching, generating, prospecting, cold calling, emailing, and more. You’ll identify qualified prospects, contact them and manage activities in our CRM.
- Discovery: You’ll navigate through organizations with discovery and speaking to the necessary decision-makers and compelling them to meet for a demo.
- Inbound Qualification: You will also work with Marketing to help execute campaigns and to follow up on inbound leads generated from those campaigns.
- Learning: You will grow with the sales team by seamlessly handing off the qualified pipeline to our Account Executive team and learn though eventually attending the demo, mastering the art of the sale, and helping sales with the demo to close process.
- Improving: We need leaders in every role, and we’ll need your help in improving the SDR process and role. You will help us identify new trends and opportunities.
- Achieving: You will help set and measure your weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity targets and goals.
What we need from you:
- 2+ year experience in SaaS, ideally in a Sales Development or other Sales role
- Ideally, you’ve sold into revenue leaders and understand the nuances and needs of revenue organizations
- Experience being held to, archiving, and surpassing activity and production metrics
- Ability to quickly learn our sophisticated platform and to speak with confidence about MetaCX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong executive presence and business acumen
- High sense of urgency, experience managing multiple customers and the ability to multitask
- Coachable, trainable, and a self-starter by nature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous startup environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.